Author Topic: New Food arrived :)  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: New Food arrived :)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
This is the green feeder:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_YAwxdjpGlY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_YAwxdjpGlY

Sorry to raise this again and moreso to be off topic but ...

I bought one of these green feeders for Liesl to go along with her new appetite for Eden and she just loves it. However, after using it her eyes seem very watery and I was/am a little concerned that perhaps the plastic cones are scratching around her eyes as she is burrowing in among them for her kibble.

Can I ask is this something that you have experienced/should I be worried?

Offline bluemoonrose

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
No we haven't had any such problem, neither has a friend of mine who also uses them with her cockers.

Are the "plastic blades of grass" in yours smooth? There shouldn't be anything to cause scratching. Ours tend to extend their tongues to pick up the kibble rather than being able to get close enough in to catch their eyes.

If it continues I'd be inclined to mention it to the vet.

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
Thanks very much, bluemoonrose.

Yep, the blades of grass are all smooth and rounded off. Liesl doesn't seem at all distressed, in fact quite the opposite, but her eyes are wet when she's finished.

I'll mention it to the vet on our next visit.

Thanks again - and thanks for putting up the link to the feeder in the first place :-)

Offline robert h

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
At the moment i cant fault this food Poppy seems to be doing super on it  ;)

we do get the More Eyes tho  :005: :005:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »
Ive ordered a sample of this , I see the medium kibble large bag is out of stock right now.

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »
Honey is enjoying this, and now we have overcome some initial 'poo-related' changes...all is great.

But can you believe.....I had a bit of a lie in this morning and unbeknown to me Hubby gave Honey her morning portion of food before he set off to work.
I then came down and we went out for our morning run...and a shortwhile after coming back I gave her her 'morning portion'.......and she didn't even tell me she had already eaten!!

I mean - you'd think she might have mentioned it ;)  But no - she just happily emptied the whole bowl :)

She might wonder why she only gets a very small dinner tonight though!!  I don't think I could 'not' feed her tonight as she is used to two meals per day, but will just give her a small portion so she doesn't have too much!

Beki (and Honey!)