Author Topic: What time does yours get you up?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline SweetSweep

• Sweep
Re: What time does yours get you up?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 06:32:03 PM »
Sweep gets up at quarter to 6 on the dot. he goes out in the garden for last wees at 10.30-11 pm (although he has been asleep since 8ish). as seems to be quite the norm he wakes up but then has a sleepy cuddle for an hour or so  :D i am hoping we can extend the wake up at some point,( although i will secretly miss the sleepy morning cuddles :D )

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 07:06:55 PM »
Penny gets up briefly to greet us when we go downstairs at 6.30. She generally pops out to the garden for a wee, then goes back to sleep until about 8.00 when she gets her breakfast. After that she follows me round the house or garden until walk-time at around 10.00. She also sleeps all evening from around 9pm! Can't complain. it's been like this since she started sleeping through at around 12 weeks  :luv: :luv:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Joycej

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Maisy goes to bed around 10pm and gets up at 6.30, when we got downstairs, she goes out for a pee, then goes back to bed until 7.15. :luv: 

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »
I get cuddles and a paw in the eye  ph34r at 7am or just before. Regular as clockwork, any time of year  :005:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Henry sleeps for most of the evening, wakes up for a bit of a play or a chew on his antler, but is usually zonked by about 9 or 10pm. Hubby takes him out at about 11.30 or midnight for last wee & poo, then he sleeps until about 7am (has been as late as 8.45am!), although yesterday it was 5.50am (grrrr). When he wakes up that early I plonk him back on the sofa and go back to bed for a bit. If it's a more reasonable hour (after 6.30, as this is when hubby's alarm goes off) I just go into the sitting room, climb under two blankets and he hops up and curls up against my body with his nose nuzzled in my elbow pit  :luv: :luv: :luv: - it's my favourite thing in the world! We usually snooze like that for an hour or two - at the moment we've got a decorator who arrives at 8.15-8.30 so it's up then. He usually nods off a bit until 9am when he gets breakfast. Then more snoozes until I take him for walkies - 10.30-11am ish. I let him out to go to the loo either before or after the cuddle session - he doesn't need to go sometimes, while other times he's desperate. Before the decorator was coming he'd wake up and hop off the sofa and get a bit restless and I'd be woken up by this little face about 18 inches from mine making a little "mummy, I'm hungry" noise, accompanied by an intense stare!

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
I'm pleased to know that other cockers sleep as much as Cassie !!! I used to think that there must be something wrong with her.
She wakes me up at least once during the early hours to rub her ears, she then toddles back to he bed. She then comes back and bounces on the side of the bed between 6 and 7 am. She then woo woo's on the landing doing circus turns. She will not go out for a pee until she has had some of her breakfast,  off then in the garden
 " Who the H is in my Garden? !!"
 Back in and takes herself off back to her bed in our bedroom and I'm left with cups of coffee until she and H decide to rouse themselves
Why am I always tired !?

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
Jinley is all ready for bed by 9pm, but gets up for a "last wee" at about 10 before we all go to bed.

She gets up when I get up at about 8.30 - 9 am.

Proper lazy madam  :005:

An ideal mate for selby, he is just the same ;)

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »
Molly too is an "early riser"!

We got her last October & I haven't had a decent lie in since.  Don't get me wrong, reading some of the posts on here she could be a lot worse but I do like my sleep, especially on a weekend.  Molls has an in built alarm clock for between 6.30-7am.  During the week I get up anyway for work so it's not a problem but she's the same on a weekend.  I let her out for a wee & we all go back to bed but she usually only stays quiet until 7.30am (8am if we've had a particularly late night).  Once she's awake we are all awake and I have no choice but to get up with her (so my OH can stay in bed).  Molly is either asleep or 100 miles an hour too,  I have never known a dog so full of life the minute she wakes up.  There's me trying to come round gently, which isn't with a nutty Cocker Spaniel bouncing all over me.

I was hoping she would grow out of it, doesn't sound like she will  >:(
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline Chillis

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »
Oh gosh how do you all survive!!!!!!!!! she'll wait till I get up, latest think was 11am- she must just doze around till then! Would fall of the earth getting up earler than 8  :005:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »
Our dogs are always, the first to bed and the last to get up. Must take notice of what we do when pup comes along and pass knowledge on  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »
Oh gosh how do you all survive!!!!!!!!! she'll wait till I get up, latest think was 11am- she must just doze around till then! Would fall of the earth getting up earler than 8  :005:

Chance would be a fine thing!
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

Lol, BUT what time does she go to bed  :lol2:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »
he gets up when we get up - during the week that's 6.30am and at weekends around 8.30 - 9 am  ;)

helen & jarvis x

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 09:43:29 AM »
Go to bed when I do and get up when I do though I do have to pretend that I'm asleep sometimes in the morning otherwise if they know I'm awake they expect me to get up!   If Misha had her way she would go to bed at 8pm, I can't let her upstairs as she will refuse to come down for wee at bedtime - you'd have to carry her downstairs  :lol2: always been like that ever since she was a pup.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
My two go to bed when I do and get up when I do.  It probably helps that they don't have breakfast first thing, and they also sleep upstairs so don't wake up lonely.  (Am quite sure, however, that our pefectly formulated routine will all go to pot when puppy arrives in a bit  :005:)
Michelle, Emily and Ollie