Author Topic: Wainwrights  (Read 3864 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Wainwrights
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
 there are loads of other companies :). I  use them as I can collect :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the website, I'm looking at it now! Also going to look into raw too. How do you feed raw,I'm amusing you weigh it like dry food?!  :dunno:

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
There's lots of cocker-specific info on raw feeding here on COL, in this Feeding section - you can use the search function (top-right of page) to find any specific answers to queries you have, faulkner. :)
Personally I am VERY overwhelmed by raw feeding - first off, ewww meat etc and secondly how much to buy/when to buy/where to buy/how to rotate the food groups for a full diet...it blows me away.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »
www.whichdogfood.co.uk is a good site for comparing foods.

Was going to suggest this site too.  Mollie is on both Wainwrights wet food and dry food.  Meat content is good.  I mix them together.

Mollies coat is lovely and she is fine tummywise with all flavours

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
What about Skinners?  ph34r
Sorry Mods if this should be a new thread.....
Yep I'm moving to skinners as soon as Lexi is old enough... ;)

Offline Amus1

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »
I have Flynn on wainwrights dry. I find the ingredients and quality much the same as the jwb. And hes doing well on it - Woofs it down each time! Feed him the duck and rice. And just bought a 15kg bag for 38.99. Reckon it'll last a few months too. ( not worked it out yet as to exactly how long it'll last).
But they often have it online on offer and delivered so it's cheaper than the jwb.

My other dog 10yrs old is on jwb senior which can cost upwards of 51.99!!!!! Ouch. So I try to get that when it's on offer. Yesterday it was 43.00 at pah. I got it for 30 something when pet supermarket had the 2kg bags on offer - bought 6 2kg bags and got 3 bags free!

But I would recommend the wainwrights duck (the turkey and the salmon both gave Flynn wind and very soft stools - although didn't persevere too long on them as he settled quickly onto the duck). I contemplated swapping to try skinners as it seems cheaper but wouldn't know which to buy and then I thought, well, why change? When he seems perfectly ok on this food, I don't want to make him fussy and mess up his digestion! Am happy with his weight and coat etc. so all is good on the wainwrights here.

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
I use skinners duck and rice for all 4 of mine and it works out at 26.99 for a 15kg bag

Offline Josie81

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
I have just purchased a couple of bags of Wainwrights puppy, as I am hoping to get my Alfie changed over to it over the next week or two. He is on Purina Beta puppy and has never been on anything else. Although he seems to be doing well on Purina, no problems, I just thought I'd like to try a much better quality food for him; the ingredients and reviews don't seem good for Purina Beta. Wainwrights looks like so much better quality and is affordable, so I am hoping that it suits him. I will update you on how he gets on. :)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
we were on wainwrights before moving to skinners turkey and rice with joint aid. i pay about £31 for 15kg
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
Skinners seems really good....there's no catch?  ph34r JWB isn't really cost effective for me, but he does enjoy it - the fish flavour.

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
its classed as working dogs food so no VAT slapped on

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
Okay. I'm moving onto Skinners - £20/£25 on Amazon for a 15kg bag thru Subscribe & Save....this really is a no-brainer for my pocket. :shades:

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
Just ordered a bag of JWB and a bag of Skinners (2kg of JWB & 2.5kg of Skinners for moving him onto the new)...will let you know how it goes.  :D

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
What is the earliest age we could move to skinners ?? Would like to move around 9 months what do you all think.... :huh:

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »
What is the earliest age we could move to skinners ?? Would like to move around 9 months what do you all think.... :huh:

Don't know cos Bucks is 9months in two weeks, which will fit in with me weaning off JWB / onto Skinners....  :-\
Maybe measure and weigh Lexi & go from there?