Poll

For all entrants in the Remembrance Class: Would you prefer the Class to be a Not For Competition Class and not judged as per the other classes?

Yes
17 (85%)
No
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 04:43:44 PM

Author Topic: Photo Comp Chat  (Read 42576 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Photo Comp Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:04:20 AM »
I have to say that I've been looking at all the entries and they are all gorgeous. But I wanted to say how beautiful the remembrance section is. So very sad but beautiful to remember them. I'm not normally very emotional but I have been crying at that page. Such a wonderful thing to do  :luv:

I agree. I had a little cry when I saw the photo of Theis there, so very young :'(. Such a poignant thread :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
I agree about Theis.  One of the most beautiful babies in Heaven.  :luv:

It's a lovely competition section and we are so proud of our lost babies.  As Poppsie said, they are all winners.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

It's a lovely competition section and we are so proud of our lost babies.  As Poppsie said, they are all winners.

I so echo this. There is such strong feeling of a shared experience here on CoL which seems to show itself when it's most needed, in times of trouble or loss.

They are all such dear dogs and so loved by their owners and families  :luv:  :luv:

Offline Homebird

• Jessie 24.01.2001 - 11.08.2012
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 08:17:21 AM »
I have just been looking at the best friends category -  I am going to have to work up to at least 2 dogs eventually!

I also want to thank the organizers for having the In Remembrance section - the photos are a sure way to make me cry as they represent so much love between dogs and owners - but the section lets us do just one more thing for our dogs who have gone - we can post their photo and let others know how much we love and miss them.  As others have said it is not about the winning - just gives us a way to say they are not forgotten and to honour them.

Offline sarahR

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »
OOh I've just looked at the cutest pups and gone all funny inside. They are all adorable and I want them all.  :D

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:25 PM »
OOh I've just looked at the cutest pups and gone all funny inside. They are all adorable and I want them all.  :D

Aw man, I just had to look at those puppies didn't I................OMG far to cute, all of them,
Can I have them all Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee xxx
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:30 AM »
I Love all the photos and I think it is beautiful that we all get involved.

xxxxxxx glad I not a judge  :005: :005:

Offline chrisnjulie

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
WOW ! The photos in each category are so gorgeous ......I cant believe the great response and standard of the photos ......I love being a part of this forum , thank you .
Julie , Chris , Sadie the Clumber Spaniel ,Henry the cocker and Brody the cocker
                     x x x

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
Just flicked through best friends - love the tennis ball kiss and the birthday cake one! Wonderful  :luv:

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
 ok, know the competition isn't closed yet,  but when do we find out the results? There are done fabulous entries -  I'm dying to see how they do  :005:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »

It's a lovely competition section and we are so proud of our lost babies.  As Poppsie said, they are all winners.

I so echo this. There is such strong feeling of a shared experience here on CoL which seems to show itself when it's most needed, in times of trouble or loss.

They are all such dear dogs and so loved by their owners and families  :luv:  :luv:

I only found out about Theis yesterday when I was looking through all the photos - I think we were moving home during the period he was so poorly, and totally missed the thread.  I'm so sorry, it must have been devastating for you Cassie.  I hope that little Liesl has mended your heart just a little.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
I think everyone is a winner anyway, because they are cocker spaniels. Its given us all a showcase to show off our babies and winning or losing is very subjective.

I just feel so proud in the twelve months I have been on this site to have had such good information, a shoulder to cry on, meet some wonderful people and their dogs.

I know the "MODS" have had to reprimand me a couple of times  ;) :shades:, but I'm still here posting and have perhaps learnt to think a little before I post.

I especially want to thank all those who "have" been supportive of me in my quest to have Rosie and especially for all the lovely messages of support for her following her recent scare, which is fortunately now clear.

This year there have been some particularly upsetting times when owners have lost young dogs, I offer my sympathy to you all, but there are three cases which have hit me very hard.

gail with Shadow, Wendy with Rosie and Cassie's poor little Theis. A special mention to Little Ozzy, who is welcome back whenever he wants to stay and Gracie Mae, who were two of the wonderful Blue's that made mr realise there was room in our lives for a third dog, little Rosie, our fighter who we are so proud of. Last but not least, ALL OF YOU, for your unwavering support and friendship.

John, Minnie, Dennis & Rosie  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
ok, know the competition isn't closed yet,  but when do we find out the results? There are done fabulous entries -  I'm dying to see how they do  :005:

You will just have to be patient  :shades:  It depends how long the judges take to make their minds up - and, as you can imagine, it is a very difficult job  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:26 PM »
I think everyone is a winner anyway, because they are cocker spaniels. Its given us all a showcase to show off our babies and winning or losing is very subjective.

I just feel so proud in the twelve months I have been on this site to have had such good information, a shoulder to cry on, meet some wonderful people and their dogs.

I know the "MODS" have had to reprimand me a couple of times  ;) :shades:, but I'm still here posting and have perhaps learnt to think a little before I post.

I especially want to thank all those who "have" been supportive of me in my quest to have Rosie and especially for all the lovely messages of support for her following her recent scare, which is fortunately now clear.

This year there have been some particularly upsetting times when owners have lost young dogs, I offer my sympathy to you all, but there are three cases which have hit me very hard.

gail with Shadow, Wendy with Rosie and Cassie's poor little Theis. A special mention to Little Ozzy, who is welcome back whenever he wants to stay and Gracie Mae, who were two of the wonderful Blue's that made mr realise there was room in our lives for a third dog, little Rosie, our fighter who we are so proud of. Last but not least, ALL OF YOU, for your unwavering support and friendship.

John, Minnie, Dennis & Rosie  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Lovely sentiments John.  Love to you all. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
I Love all the photos and I think it is beautiful that we all get involved.

xxxxxxx glad I not a judge  :005: :005:

Gail, I'm not a Judge at all, but even though I have 2 of my babies in the bereavement section, I would have , Shadow, Theis and Rosie as joint first. Life was so cruel to all three.  :'( :'(