Author Topic: Thinking of changing food  (Read 2805 times)

Offline ali2010

Re: Thinking of changing food
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »
Tree bark powder has a lot of fans in the raw feeding group I belong to, but I don't know anything about it. I'll have a look and see what I can find.

I keep pro-kolin in my dog first aid kit and have used it with success, but it's not something I'd use on a regular basis. I'd be wanting to find the cause of the problem.

There's a product called Bionic Biotic that's intended for daily use and meant to be very good at helping keep the gut healthy.

Funnily enough I was thinking of giving Albert a probiotic supplement each day with his meals until he is more settled

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
we used yumpro for around 3 months which has seemed to settle Tilly's tummy problems too.

Offline Chillis

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
glad the nature diet is suiting him :) (shame so many vets put people off raw)
the food world is beryyyyy confusing, wouldn't worry about a little sick, just give a smaller meal next :)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »
I asked Mum and this is the tree bark she uses. It sounds really good and she said it was brilliant when her old boy Jay had the runs.

http://www.dorwest.com/Products/TB/tree-barks-powder-for-dogs-and-cats

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
Butterflywings agree with you on prokolin! It's wonderful. I always have some in just in case too  :D
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline ali2010

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
Well Albert seems to be doing very well on Nature diet and new kibble,his eyes look brighter with less gunk and he's been having nice solid poos (sorry tmi :005:).  We finally settled on half nature diet and half of a kibble that the local pet shop has made. The kibble is white fish and potato with no grains or cereal, seems good.  Only thing is his breath stinks as he's on the salmon  nature diet!