Author Topic: clickfree automatic back up  (Read 2869 times)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
clickfree automatic back up
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
My laptop hardrive destroyed itself a few weeks ago so decided to get a new computer. Thought I was doing the right thing and backed all my photos onto the above device. I've tried to transfer it all to the new computer which according to QVC is a doddle,what they failed to mention is that mine is a few years old now and doesn't work with windows 8. I've tried but it sort of goes through the motions but all my photos are nowhere to be found. Tried contacting clickfree and no response.
Any advice out there?
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Re: clickfree automatic back up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
If your hard drive is destroyed it's going to be difficult to transfer files from there to your new PC.  However, it's possible to get software that will allow you to do this.  http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm?source=google15&gclid=CIvrlvnUgroCFQbJtAodn3wA8g  You may be able to download some free software that will allow this.

Have you tried transferring your photos to an external hard drive or USB stick, and then transferring them from one of those to your new PC?

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
You could purchase an external hard drive,  ask a friend with an older computer if you can use it to load your files to a temporary folder and then copy across to the external hard drive.

Alternatively is the hard drive on your old computer definitely dead.  Recently my old laptop died and I was able to remove the hard drive from the laptop, put it into a hard drive caddy (cost about £15 from pc world), and plug it in via USB cable to my new laptop and copy files across.

Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »
The clickfree is a separate harddrive that I backed all my photos on before the laptop broke. its just I cant transfer them to my new computer.
I got it from QVC and it seemed such a good idea but it's just a black box now with all my photos in that doesn't work with windows 8 >:D
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »
Have you created a file on your new PC to which you will download your photos, or have you transferred them to My Pictures?

I don't have Windows 8 so I have assumed that it has My Pictures in the Library.  If it does have Library have you looked there?  I didn't realise that Clickfree was an external hard drive.  Have you read the instructions for it?  It's possible that you may have to install some software for Clickfree on your new PC for it to work properly.  Can you remember if you received software bundled with it?  I have a portable hard drive for my laptop and there was software contained on the drive itself which had to be installed on my laptop.