Author Topic: Xmas presents for your dogs  (Read 3671 times)

Offline linda c

Xmas presents for your dogs
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
  :lol2: Has anybody started getting xmas presents for their dogs?  Know it's a bit early but it's only a few weeks away :005:

Do they open them or do you have to sit there opening one and saying " oooh look it's a bag of lovely treats " and they just  look at you a bit blank.

Or have you got the one that dives into the parcel and rips it to shreds :lol2:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Xmas presents for your dogs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
I will start soon, but to be honest I usually tend to get stuff when he needs it. Cos he is a young pup he got quite a few things when I bought him home (new & second paw :lol: )

No doubt there will be stuff for him - but not yet  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
 :lol2: Has anybody started getting xmas presents for their dogs?  Know it's a bit early but it's only a few weeks away :005:

Do they open them or do you have to sit there opening one and saying " oooh look it's a bag of lovely treats " and they just  look at you a bit blank.

Or have you got the one that dives into the parcel and rips it to shreds :lol2:

Ooh yes!  And, also loads for my dogs' friends too.  :005: :005:

Every Christmas our dogs get some kind of fancy Christmas collar so they look 'posh' when we go out to lunch at our daughter's home.  It's our little tradition.

So far, gift-wise, they have all got a new toy each, and a pack of chicken fillets (their favourite treat of all.....introduced to them by Poppsie...Dianne).

Exciting stuff preparing for Christmas, hey?  I'm like a child about the whole thing. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
I usually go mad at Christmas buying: last year we just had Molly and she got numerous toys, a million treats, a ball pool, a jumper and a bandana  :005:

This year we have Molly and Fin, but we are in the process of buying our first house so Christmas is downsized this year!  So I've just got them 2 toys, some treats and would also like to get them a cheap bubble gun/bubble machine.
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
Brodie loves getting presents - in fact every time a parcel comes through the post she thinks it's for her :lol2:. She's very hard to buy for these days though. The only treats it seems she can tolerate are dried chicken, and she very quickly loses interest in any toys - she only has eyes for her beloved teddy bear!

So think I will buy her a cheap teddy out of a charity shop. At least if she decides she doesn't want it I won't have paid too much for it :shades:. Oh, and I have bought her a flirt pole (for her Christmas, but got it early - couldn't resist  :005:), but it needs some modification as she's not too keen on the toy at the end.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
Oops, not thought about that at all. The boys could do with some new toys - they're all looking a bit battered. Emily will have to have something edible as she 'doesn't do toys'  :005:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »
Forgot to mention she will get a new collar - it's tradition :shades: :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Charlies has been in weeks...I normally bulk buy his treats, so he normally just gets big bags of his normal biscuits, a few extra treats, and some P@H sausages that he loves. He also normally gets a ball of some sort :).

Last year we didn't wrap his presents, but he got some wrapped presents of family and friends - and he took great delight in spending AGES, tearing tiny bit of paper by tiny bit of paper of a couple of presents - this year. I'll wrap some of the stronger smelling stuff so he can have fun unwrapping them.

Although, like Brodie, he isn't overly interested in toys; he's got his favourites that he's had years and his ultimate favourite...however, I found a very similar shape and sized teddy to his favourite teddy online this year, so it's on it's way :). He is obsessed with balls though  :005:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »
I don't buy special presents for Coco at Christmas - what with her being a dog and all, she doesn't really understand the significance  :005: Yes, I am a cruel mum  :lol2:  In her world, it is like Christmas every day and she gets everything she needs anyway.

She loves opening parcels though, so I just wrap up a few of the toys she hasn't seen for a while and some treats and she has a great time ripping them open - it always makes me laugh.  If I don't do this, she will have a go at my presents  >:D  :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
Im fussy with what treats I give Riley but have bought some sweet potato and dried fishskin wraps which he loves.
Zig n zag revenge toy and a new kong tugga wubba so far, will proably buy one more toy.

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
Im fussy with what treats I give Riley but have bought some sweet potato and dried fishskin wraps which he loves.
Zig n zag revenge toy and a new kong tugga wubba so far, will proably buy one more toy.

Jane...will you tell me more about those treats?  Are they healthier (as you know I am battling with Gracie's weight). Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »

Jane...will you tell me more about those treats?  Are they healthier (as you know I am battling with Gracie's weight). Xx

Definately maureen,
They are low in calories and natural, and I almost fancy trying one myself ;)
Says natural and high in potassium low in calories, he only gets a max of 2 per day.

Viovet have them reasonable when fish4dogs dont have them on offer

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »
Odie used to love Christmas, he always "helped" my daughters open their presents, even though I'd wrap something up for him.  I'll be getting Archie more cuddies, he loves them but they don't last long!  Also, I stock up on treats and wrap them up too.

As it's his 1st Christmas, I'm expecting him to be the same helpful soul as his predecessor  :lol2: 
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »

Jane...will you tell me more about those treats?  Are they healthier (as you know I am battling with Gracie's weight). Xx

Definately maureen,
Says natural and high in potassium low in calories, he only gets a max of 2 per day.

And another christmas present being ordered.  Thank you Jane. Xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »

Definately maureen,

And another christmas present being ordered.  Thank you Jane. Xx

You are very welcome Maureen, Im sure Gracie will love them :) x