Author Topic: Xmas presents for your dogs  (Read 3670 times)

Offline JamiesGirl

Re: Xmas presents for your dogs
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
Jamie's got a lovely new collar for his birthday but i will probably end up giving it him before the day! For chrismas he's got two tubs of antos chews which i will wrap up and put under the tree before i go to my mum and dads - I'm sure OH will help Jamie unwrap them if he can't work it out! i've ordered him an 'addidog' jumper as well and every time i go into PAH i see the little food gifts they have so he will probably end up with some of those aswell. Oh and he already has a new reindeer toy!  :005:
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
William and Louis usually have a new toy or some treats but what they really enjoy is playing with the wrapping paper as presents are unwrapped and having the turkey giblets and neck (raw of course) for Christmas breakfast.

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
a pat on the head and a cuddle - don't buy for Christmas here

Offline linda c

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »
 :luv: That's just as good as a present any day  :luv:

Offline linda c

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
 :lol2: Sara you may find Jamie will help himself to his presents if they smell nice enough  :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
Exciting stuff preparing for Christmas, hey?  I'm like a child about the whole thing. Xx

Me too Maureen - I am thinking where am I going to put deccos for safety, but to be honest unless his nibs is left on his todd he really does not seem bothered about stuff being about. Still not sure I would leave a bonio laden christmas tree alone for long tho  :lol:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:01 PM »
:lol2: Sara you may find Jamie will help himself to his presents if they smell nice enough  :005:

i did wonder if he might  :005: best hide his presents in the cupboard until the day then!
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »
Eeeeek, I hope Archie doesn't read this thread, I'm a right Mrs Bah Humbug!  ph34r

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 06:34:21 PM »
I have got Phoebe and Mia some chocolate santas (doggy chocolate of course) some white chocolate snowballs,
and a squeaky snowman which I might regret on xmas morning  :005: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Brodie loves getting presents - in fact every time a parcel comes through the post she thinks it's for her :lol2:. She's very hard to buy for these days though. The only treats it seems she can tolerate are dried chicken, and she very quickly loses interest in any toys - she only has eyes for her beloved teddy bear!

So think I will buy her a cheap teddy out of a charity shop. At least if she decides she doesn't want it I won't have paid too much for it :shades:. Oh, and I have bought her a flirt pole (for her Christmas, but got it early - couldn't resist  :005:), but it needs some modification as she's not too keen on the toy at the end.

WHats a flirt pole????
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
Brodie loves getting presents - in fact every time a parcel comes through the post she thinks it's for her :lol2:. She's very hard to buy for these days though. The only treats it seems she can tolerate are dried chicken, and she very quickly loses interest in any toys - she only has eyes for her beloved teddy bear!

So think I will buy her a cheap teddy out of a charity shop. At least if she decides she doesn't want it I won't have paid too much for it :shades:. Oh, and I have bought her a flirt pole (for her Christmas, but got it early - couldn't resist  :005:), but it needs some modification as she's not too keen on the toy at the end.

WHats a flirt pole????

One of these, Lisa:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_toys_dog_training/intelligence_games/treat_toys_dogs/343716

You can make them quite easily yourself, but mine's kept breaking and when I saw this I knew it would be perfect for Brodie's Christmas - she loves to chase things. One way to sneakily exercise her without her realising it :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Sasha B

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
My two get a squeaky soft toy pheasant each. They must admit don't last that long. Once the stuffing is out then they use it any way. They only get one once a year but just go mad for them.

In an effort to find something they liked I bought them one of these

http://www.catchtugchew.com/Paws-Rugby-Ball

Have been great would recommend.

Must say do like the look of the flirt pole!

Offline Silver

• Merlin
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
I wrap up my dog's Christmas presents but he doesn't really understand the idea about ripping off the paper!

He did have a box of Bonios for Christmas until I absent-mindedly opened them ... I've only just realised from reading this thread that now he has no present.

I did see this in P@H which he will like so I might get that for him. I shouldn't really get him any treats, he has loads too many as it is.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »
this is after the frenzy of ripping and shredding all of the wrapping paper of every single present (including OH's and mine).

Jarv loves doing the unwrapping - he doesn't really care if the presents are for him or not (although we wrap up some stuff like packets of gravy bones and maybe a toy) - he just loves the paper destruction! 

It's part of our christmas morning now and seeing him so happy is definitely the best start to Christmas  :lol2:

helen & jarvis x

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »
Bella is the same not bothered about the toys but loves unwrapping /tearing the paper off things. Molly is just clue less and pinches the toy once Bella has unwrapped it.