Author Topic: Xmas presents for your dogs  (Read 3671 times)

Offline JamiesGirl

Re: Xmas presents for your dogs
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
this is after the frenzy of ripping and shredding all of the wrapping paper of every single present (including OH's and mine).

Jarv loves doing the unwrapping - he doesn't really care if the presents are for him or not (although we wrap up some stuff like packets of gravy bones and maybe a toy) - he just loves the paper destruction! 

It's part of our christmas morning now and seeing him so happy is definitely the best start to Christmas  :lol2:

Such a cute photo  :luv:
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »
Lovely photo - knowing how artistic Helen is - would make a great Christmas card to send out
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »
Ellie has wrapped presents under the Christmas tree, we can only put them there early on Christmas morning before she gets to the tree as she investigates all the presents as soon as any are put there, looking for her own.  From her very first Christmas she couldn't understand why there were no more presents for her under the tree after Christmas morning, so from then on she has had a little present wrapped up, a couple of gravy bones or whatever, every morning under the tree until the tree comes down and then she accepts there will be no more until next year.

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »
Penny loves toys with long legs and found her a reindeer in Wilkinsons yesterday and Penny and Louis have a stocking filled with balls treats ect with toyssticking out of top as Oliver and Eve have one as well Penny has a new toy she has helped her self to green Kittey one of Eves she does not usually bother  Maureen Penny loves those treats as well and are chewy Lots of happy times at Christmas for our furry spangles
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline PopPops

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »

Christmas and birthdays - the two times a year Pops gets cheap soft toys which she will have torn to shreds within minutes hours. However she will love doing it.
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 03:12:18 PM »
Barney, Pippa and Amber are getting one of these collars each and hopefully matching leads:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=493680727414534&set=pb.473971052718835.-2207520000.1385219320.&type=3&theater

Amber and Pippa are also getting new coats adn Barney a fleece, Amber needs some toys and they'll all get treats wrapped up in little parcels they can open themselves.

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
My two aren't really that into toys although they do both have a favourite which happens to be the same one so I had to buy another one the same as they do like to walk around holding them in their mouths after each meal :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

They are both getting equafleeces this year after buying cheap alternatives last year that really don't cut the mustard >:D

I expect there will be a treat or two also from Santy Paws :005: :005: :005:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline Silver

• Merlin
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »
I have decided I can spend up to £50 on Merlin's Christmas present.

So far I've decided on a Hurtta harness and an all-in-one suit. Which leaves me about £15. Anyone got any suggestions? I don't need a new collar or lead, or coat, and certainly not any treats :laugh:

Offline hilhames

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
would like to buy five month old pup a toy you can put treats in and they have to get them out?  I have seen one on Amazon but comments included 'chewed to pieces in five minutes'
  Mostly she just likes balls!
Squeeky toys don't interest her. 
Any other 'mind' games?  Or is there a book of things you can do with your dog - just to make a change from standard training!
Thanks! 

Offline Silver

• Merlin
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »
would like to buy five month old pup a toy you can put treats in and they have to get them out?  I have seen one on Amazon but comments included 'chewed to pieces in five minutes'
Any other 'mind' games?  Or is there a book of things you can do with your dog - just to make a change from standard training!
Thanks! 

This kind of thing?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kong-Genius-Large-Colours-vary/dp/B003JVLZYC/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1385335526&sr=8-18&keywords=kong

Offline hilhames

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »
well possibly, but this has lousy reviews.  Also Chloe hasn't got on with anything kong that I have bought, ever!

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 06:55:42 AM »
Thanks! 
  Have a look at the Nina Ottersson games.  Dylan and Jessie love theirs, and we have four different ones. Have a look on Amazon they are a bit cheaper there.

Erica.

Offline hilhames

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 11:57:30 PM »
Erica thank you.  I will just buy one to start with, which do you think are the better 2 for a 5 month old puppy or most popular with your dogs?  Thanks

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:59 AM »
Erica thank you.  I will just buy one to start with, which do you think are the better 2 for a 5 month old puppy or most popular with your dogs?  Thanks
  Sorry for the delay in replying I lost the thread. They started with the twister. Dylan's favourite is the dog brick.  Hope your pup enjoys them.

Erica.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
I always get Ellie some Pooch's biscuits for Christmas, as well as a packet for her 2 best friends.  I went online to order - 2 of that flavour, 3 of that flavour, 2 of that flavour, 3 of those because they are her favourites, oh they are new will have some of those....... £67 later !!!!