Author Topic: Eden dry food  (Read 4310 times)

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
Eden dry food
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »
Am looking at possibility of changing dry foods. 

Currently on Wainrights, tried the duck/rice one, now on salmon/potato.  It's not that she has any issues on them, more that I know there is better she could be on...

Whichdogfood.co.uk shows Eden as the highest rated, and seems to have the 'best' ingredients (my only concern would be the higher protein content, but only in comparison to other foods)

Has anyone had any experience, or know anyone that has, of this food with cockers?

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
Re: Eden dry food
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Fudge has been on Eden for about 10 months - we have had absolutely no problems with it.  Solid stools and he loves it.  They are not cheap but I feel you get what you pay for - delivery to wherever we are has been very good too (we tour in our caravan a lot).
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
Fudge has been on Eden for about 10 months - we have had absolutely no problems with it.  Solid stools and he loves it.  They are not cheap but I feel you get what you pay for - delivery to wherever we are has been very good too (we tour in our caravan a lot).

Happy New Year!  :005:

Can I ask, what weight/age is Fudge, and how much do you feed in comparison to their recommended?

Yeah, cost is a bit more, but if their recommendations are anything to go by, should actually be cheaper than WR overall  :005:

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
Will PM you.
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:46 AM »
I've got a sample bag of eden which I bought before we realised HB cant eat chicken. Never even opened it. You can have it if you like.

We're on James Wellbeloved.  Not as highly rated but good for a sensitive tum and ours is doing well on it

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
Riley almost 2 has been on eden for 10 months, he thrives on it. He weighs in at just over 14.5kg and he has the recommended amount each day but he does have other stuff at times too.
Dogs need protein, dont know where that myth came from about too much high protein, as long as its good protein and the dog is healthy then higher protein food is fine, no rubbish fillers etc.
Riley also sometimes has some natures menu raw chicken mince or raw tripe mince.
Eden works out actually cheaper than a lot of inferior foods.

We pay £50 for 15kg which lasts Riley about  just under 3 months.
I think eden are going to be making a variation without chicken, might be fish actually.

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »
What's the issue with chicken?

Have read on here about it upsetting some, and others being hyper...any actual details about any issue with it?

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:43 AM »
I've got a sample bag of eden which I bought before we realised HB cant eat chicken. Never even opened it. You can have it if you like.

We're on James Wellbeloved.  Not as highly rated but good for a sensitive tum and ours is doing well on it

Thanks! Though am sure 400g on its own isn't enough to move her over and try it out for a few days - not actually sure why they do those bags. 

If we do move, will probably get 7.5kg bag to start, just in case any problems... And may come back to you for that bag  :005:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
What's the issue with chicken?

Have read on here about it upsetting some, and others being hyper...any actual details about any issue with it?

I don't think there's any real issue with chicken. it's one of the most common ingredients in kibble and also one of the meats most commonly used by raw feeders, I guess because it's easily available and relatively cheap. Some dogs are sensitive or allergic to chicken but there's no higher incidence of sensitivities/allergies to chicken than to any other protein sources as far as I'm aware.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »

Thanks! Though am sure 400g on its own isn't enough to move her over and try it out for a few days - not actually sure why they do those bags. 

If we do move, will probably get 7.5kg bag to start, just in case any problems... And may come back to you for that bag  :005:

Well I guess just to see if they actually like it... No point buying 7 kilos for them to turn their nose up  ;)

I'm not sure if there is an actual issue with chicken, it just gave our puppy constant diarrhoea.  We may try and reintroduce it when he's older but not worth it for now.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
I dont know any dogs that have issues with chicken, its a light food and usually suggested to feed when dog has an upset tum. I appreciate there will always be dogs who dont tolerate it well, but that imo is really rare.

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
I dont know any dogs that have issues with chicken, its a light food and usually suggested to feed when dog has an upset tum. I appreciate there will always be dogs who dont tolerate it well, but that imo is really rare.

Jamie can't tolerate chicken. There's always one isn't there  :005:
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:37 PM »

Jamie can't tolerate chicken. There's always one isn't there  :005:

Lol, oh really, maybe its going to prove to be more common then than I thought.

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »
TILLY could not tolerate Eden or acana as the meat content was too high for her and cause so much tummy upset. She is now on Barking Heads grain free puppy and a cube of wainrights grain free wet food in Turkey and she and her tummy are 100% better.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
After reading Eden was rated top on whichdogfood, I was considering it but I was put off by the high meat content too.  I am gradually changing Archie over and have chosen Simpsons (but not the 80/20) which was also rated as 1st on the site).  So far he is wolfing it down.  It is a cereal free food so less fillers etc.  Will wait and see....
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!