Author Topic: Password incorrect  (Read 3021 times)

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
Password incorrect
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
Why is it that every time I sign into the forum I put in my password and a box comes up saying my password is incorrect - I then enter exactly the same password and it allows me access ??? 
This never used to happen, but now it is every single time I log in.
I wonder if it could be something to do with my internet security settings
(I would be grateful for any advice on this one please)

should also mention I am inputting password manually.

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
Re: Password incorrect
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »
Are you manually putting in your password the first time or does it autofill for you? If the latter, it could be the saved password is wrong.

Try hard refreshing the page by doing ctrl and F5 before you log in. Might be worth clearing cookies too in internet options.

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »
Are you manually putting in your password the first time or does it autofill for you? If the latter, it could be the saved password is wrong.

Try hard refreshing the page by doing ctrl and F5 before you log in. Might be worth clearing cookies too in internet options.

Hi Fluff - thanks for the advice (using ctrl and F5 worked the first time that I tried it but now I have the same problem again)??
I have cleared the cookies again still having the same problem logging in  :huh: any other ideas

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:28 AM »
I've no idea why it's happening (technical stuff goes completely over my head) but could you try changing your password and seeing if that sorts the problem out?

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
I've no idea why it's happening (technical stuff goes completely over my head) but could you try changing your password and seeing if that sorts the problem out?

Thanks for the suggestion elaine.e I have just tried to change my password - but still having the same problem
I am wondering if it is something to do with my security settings ?? but have no idea what to alter.

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »
I too had the same problem, manually it would tell me I'm wrong. Now I have set it to remember my password and all is ok.

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
I too had the same problem, manually it would tell me I'm wrong. Now I have set it to remember my password and all is ok.

That sounds like a plan - Thank you butterflywings21, I hadn't thought of that.
Just a quick question (if You are always logged in do you still get a list of unread posts when you come onto the forum or will this mean I cant use this function anymore)?

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »

That sounds like a plan - Thank you butterflywings21, I hadn't thought of that.
Just a quick question (if You are always logged in do you still get a list of unread posts when you come onto the forum or will this mean I cant use this function anymore)?

I'm always logged in and still get the Unread Posts list :)

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:37 AM »
I have tried staying logged in on my laptop since  last night and I too still get unread posts  :D I have just noticed that on my mobile the password wont stay logged in and it self fills the password which also comes up as incorrect every time ? so if anyone does have any other ideas that would be good. in the mean time i will stay logged in on my laptop

Offline Sharpie

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
I haven't been on here for a little while as  had the same problem, even with a password reset...and then all of a sudden- bingo! back in ?!!

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »
I wonder what is causing it ? I have found that staying logged in means that sometimes I get a list of unread post but often I dont??