Author Topic: Confusion  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Dogwalker

Confusion
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Its been six years since I was last on here but the sudden death of Lochranza Posh Socks [Georgia] has thrown me. The house is empty and I feel a bit strange out there walking by myself, well with my wife Oonagh. Finding it difficult to navigate the Forum as I do need another lady dog to keep me sane. Taking a break in Malta and back mid May. My part of Lincolnshire needs another Cocker Spaniel. Help!
Dog Walker Louth 

Offline sodpot2000

Re: Confusion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 01:07:26 PM »
How very true! It's only a house until the dog(s) make it into a home

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »
Aw, so sorry about your loss  :'(  I know exactly how you feel.  I lost my Archie in November and initially was sure I couldn't have another, however after 5 months of walking (sometimes aimlessly :-\) around my village and surrounding area alone, it just didn't feel right, not having a fluffy friend with me.  I took the plunge again and welcomed my little Monty home yesterday  :luv:  Sometimes you just have to experience not having a dog, to make you realise you need one again.  Good luck with your search!  Lesley (PS, we're off to Malta too, in July!)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline lescef

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
A house is empty without a doggy friend!
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find the right little lady soon - and when you do, we need lots of news and photos! In the meantime, stay with us, we're the best place to keep you in Cocker Modus!!

Offline Dogwalker

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
Many thanks; we feel we are not alone. Will keep you posted with a picture when available.
Dog Walker.

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:02 PM »
Sorry for your loss, they are such a big part of rare lives.

I have a lochranza dog he is now 6, we got him after we lost our old girl Millie who was also. Lochranza.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »
So sorry, it is such a hard loss to bear.  :bigarmhug:

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
I know how terrible it is. I avoided all cocker spaniel for months, eventually stroked someone's elderly roan. I still avoid all black show types,  and photos of of my boy. I have a mongrel now . Part of me wants another cocker,  but their health problems are rife. Three friends have excellent bred ones with problems,  also I might be haunted by the comparisons  all the time.  Good luck in your search, you need another dog!
Geordie Tyke,  well done and love to Monty.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline daw

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »
I know how terrible it is. I avoided all cocker spaniel for months, eventually stroked someone's elderly roan. I still avoid all black show types,  and photos of of my boy. I have a mongrel now . Part of me wants another cocker,  but their health problems are rife. Three friends have excellent bred ones with problems,  also I might be haunted by the comparisons  all the time.  Good luck in your search, you need another dog!

Oh yes- that sums up the loss which is unbelievably cruel. So very sorry for you. Nothing prepares you for it.

If you finally find the strength to have another cocker- I haven't and I'm not sure I will- be very careful. 'Well-bred' these days usually means inbred. That means vulnerable to health problems- even with all the screening- and in our last boy's case a much shortened life.   :-\ Good luck whatever you decide.

Offline Dogwalker

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »
Just back from two weeks in Malta. Tried to avert my gaze when approaching dogs but they seem to sense our loss and we collected a new circle of friends and associated dogs, not always Cockers, which was quite heart warming. Definitely on the lookout for a replacement. We have bred cockers - just once - they took over the house in Harpenden and one of the pups, a girl came to Louth when we moved here in 1992. She lived to 16, followed by Penny, a black and tan from Melton Mowbray. She was 4 when she came to us and also lived to 16. Georgia, from Lochranza kennels, another black and tan came 6 years ago until her sudden death beginning of April. Our first dog, Paddy a blue roan pup from North Wales, came to us in 1962 for the princely sum of £3.10 shillings - £3.50 today. Blue Roans were just about considered pedigree dogs in those days, the blacks, reds and goldens considered the "true pedigree."Paddy taught our three children to walk  and we were always having to cut lumps of sticky hair from his coat. He would just stand there when they pulled themselves up to take their first faltering steps.  the seed was sown and another blue roan [a girl] followed in Cheshire when "in pup" - it turned out she was diabetic. Our Vet Alex Wiper had the "chair" in vetinary science at Liverpool University and he was devastated when she suddenly died about 5 weeks into her pregnancy. We said never again after that but Alex had another client who had a blue Roan girl, also "in pup" and one of hers also came to us. The rest was history as they say.     
Happy memories

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »
Really looking forward to hearing that a new fur baby has joined your family.  It certainly sounds like you are well ready for a new addition.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:09 PM »
Am sure you will find your new baby soon.   Have heard of Lochranza.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed