Author Topic: Kitchen  (Read 2045 times)

Offline shadow rose

• 7 kids me and my puppy
    • instagram
Kitchen
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »
Do some people confine there dog to the kitchen
Ours is in there a lot but is in the lounge for about 4 hours a day
How does that sound to other people sometimes I feel guilty when she is in the kitchen

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
I confine my dog to a few rooms when I'm out, but as long as I'm home she is free to come wherever I go. Dogs, especially cockers, need to be a part of the family. We're all they have after all, they can't read a book or watch tv for entertainment. I strongly believe they need as much time with us as they can get, they are pack animals and need the company of the family :)

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
Mine are only confined when I'm out, and then they have my bedroom. Other than that, they are free to go.
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 03:22:38 PM »
Mine isn't allowed upstairs but during the day has free run of downstairs. At night we close the lounge but he has the kitchen, hall and another room to roam in. I think it depends on lot on how much playtime he has, how many walks, how big the kitchen is and if he has his bed and toys in there? Its hard to make comparisons but on the whole, Mari's right, they do like to be where the family is so I try to include Humphrey as much as possible.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »
Mine come and go as they please the majority of the time, except the bathroom where I like to 'go' in peace, also my youngest dog has the habit of putting toys (or anything else he can get hold of) down the loo for whatever reason and a) I don't want to have to go fishing and b) if I have put loo cleaner down there, don't want him to get splashed or inhale it in his attempt to get said item out.

When I am going out the two youngest go in their crates and the oldest settles on my bed.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline tenaille

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
Martha has her basket in the kitchen behind a baby gate for overnight, or the odd occasion we have to leave her, but apart from that she can go where she wants (she only wants to be where we are anyway). We are retired so she's seldom alone, which suits us all just fine :lol2:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 04:33:21 PM »
Archie is confined to the kitchen when I am out, (not very often as I work from home). He is actually really keen to be in there. His bed is there and he sleeps there during the day when I am working despite having access to the room I'm in and the lounge. He also spends time in there in the evenings even though he could be snuggling with me in the lounge in front of the fire......nope......not upset....it's fine....I don't mind.....I know he loves me (and it's nothing to do with the fact that his treat cupboard is in there!  ;))

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
Archie is confined to the kitchen when I am out, (not very often as I work from home). He is actually really keen to be in there. His bed is there and he sleeps there during the day when I am working despite having access to the room I'm in and the lounge. He also spends time in there in the evenings even though he could be snuggling with me in the lounge in front of the fire......nope......not upset....it's fine....I don't mind.....I know he loves me (and it's nothing to do with the fact that his treat cupboard is in there!  ;))

:buttkick:    :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
Well Ollie is my shadow or another Velcro cocker always where I am if I go out and OH is in Ollie lies looking at the porch door.

If he is left on his own I just let him have run kitchen and hall leading to our bedroom, he has a bed in both....plus our bed too :shades:

When he was a pup he had his crate in kitchen and spent more time in there.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline shadow rose

• 7 kids me and my puppy
    • instagram
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
That's great thank you
She is 7 months and created at night all her toys etc is in the kitchen she usually plays for a few hours with the kids
Today I left the kitchen door opened she came out for a while then ran back in I think she likes it like her den for some piece and quite x

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
Gemma is crated at night and when we go out with out her. The rest of the time she has access to every where. She spends most of her time on the sofa where she has her own bed( a 3 sided bed with the 4th side draped down covering the front of the sofa.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:34 PM »
That's great thank you
She is 7 months and created at night all her toys etc is in the kitchen she usually plays for a few hours with the kids
Today I left the kitchen door opened she came out for a while then ran back in I think she likes it like her den for some piece and quite x

Sounds to me like you are doing a good job with Shadow Rose at 7 mths her crate is her retreat/den.

Offline shadow rose

• 7 kids me and my puppy
    • instagram
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
Thanks xx
That sofa bed looks good but my kids would like it a little to much lol

Offline shadow rose

• 7 kids me and my puppy
    • instagram
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »
Quite a few months on but shadow now sleeps on our bed and has the run of the house we no longer create her x

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »
Another cocker sucsess story........Shadow is on the bed.......sounds about right :cool4: :cool4: