Author Topic: Bath time water torture  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Bath time water torture
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
Dylan has just been bathed ready for a trim and his trip to France. You would think he was being water boarded. He hates water, won't tread in a puddle, wouldn't dream of going in the sea or the river.

He stands very still in the bath, which is good, but he cries all the time, and when the water gets to his privates he practically howls. The water is not too hot, we're very gentle,it,s just him. What a big girl's blouse  :005:

I don't know who is more traumatised, him or me, my knees are all wobbly  :lol2:

Lesley and a wet Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ips

Re: Bath time water torture
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »
Not like eze then. She loves water, any water including the bath in fact we have to ensure door is shut whilst bath is running or she jumps in 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »
Oh oh Dylan, you can't go to France all smelly and dirty!  Now come on, be a good boy and let Mummy spruce you all up, it'll be really worth when you can promenade in the sunshine with all those little cocker mamoiselles giving you the eye....oooo la la!!
Bon Vacances Mon Petit!!  :luv: (and I hope Mummy has a good time too! ;))

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
Our boy Barnaby's not keen on water either.

For a long while he would refuse to go out in the rain,  but he's over that now.

We think its down to the unfortunate incident when he jumped out our kayak too soon when we were coming into the bank.  He swam very well indeed,  but tents to stay shy of the wet stuff now.

We're off to the Venice Riviera next month and I hope conditions will be good enough to get him swimming in the sea with me, hopefully overcoming his phobia.

Bon voyage, et bon vacances Dylan.  We hope you'll be well behaved if you meet any coquettish cockerettes  on your travels.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
Dylan won't go out in the rain either, he can cork it up for hours  ;).  Perhaps he thinks he'll melt  :lol2:.

Have a nice time in Italy, Barnaby's mum, and Barnaby too . I hope Dylan doesn't meet any frous-frous, he is still innocent  :rofl1:

Lesley and Dylan

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »
Henry doesn't like the bath either.

post picture to web
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »
Ahhhhh.  Lovely pic that speaks for itself.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
Dylan empathises  :lol2:

Lesley and Dylan

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
Grace loves swimming - she loves the beach, lakes, paddling pools, garden hose, sprinkler the rain and swimming pools - but she is very reluctant when it comes to the bath and will try to run off and hide - and yet when I'm in the bath she is constantly jumping at the side trying to lick me and the bath water.  She also insists on licking my legs when I get out of the shower or bath - I think she likes helping with the drying process! 🙃

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »
Grace loves swimming - she loves the beach, lakes, paddling pools, garden hose, sprinkler the rain and swimming pools - but she is very reluctant when it comes to the bath and will try to run off and hide - and yet when I'm in the bath she is constantly jumping at the side trying to lick me and the bath water.  She also insists on licking my legs when I get out of the shower or bath - I think she likes helping with the drying process! 🙃
^ This could be Ellie...I have to wrap her in a towel and hug
her afterwards she's so traumatised...what a big wuss she is :005:

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »
Henry still does the post-bath zoomies. We all just get out of the way - he erupts from the bathroom and sprints downstairs, rubbing himself on every wall and yipping like a maniac before zooming out into the garden and running in circles before collapsing and falling asleep. Every. Single. Time.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »
Henry still does the post-bath zoomies. We all just get out of the way - he erupts from the bathroom and sprints downstairs, rubbing himself on every wall and yipping like a maniac before zooming out into the garden and running in circles before collapsing and falling asleep. Every. Single. Time.

:lol2:, yes, when Dylan is lofted out of the bath we just open all the doors and let him rocket out into the garden like the bat out of hell and outruns Mo Farrar in laps round the borders  :lol2:

He's had his trim this mornings and is now ready to schmooze all the French ladies :004: :009:

Lesley and Dylan

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »
Ooh la la, those mademoiselles better watch out.  :luv:

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
Jett loves the river and the sea and puddles. But he hates bath time, he hides under the table when I pick his towel up and start running the bath  :005:
During the bath time he stands there in shock, he makes out its some sort of torture chamber  :005:

After the bath he goes crazy rolling on carpet/towels anything that is on the floor.

All good fun  :005:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »
At least Dylan is consistent. Laurië will happily splash around in muddy puddles or dive into the ocean every chance she gets. But in the bath she tucks her tail between her legs and starts shivering and whining like the world is about to end  :005:  Rain is fine as long as she sees me dressed for a long walk, but going out for a wee in the garden is apparently not worth the wet paws.