Author Topic: No leg cocking in sight!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Lulabear

No leg cocking in sight!
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »
Cooper is now 15 months old with not even a hint of a cocked leg!  I had this fantasy that if he cocked his leg around the garden trees and bushes it'd safe my grass!
He's had the snip so this will have affected him but I wonder if he'll ever cock like a big boy. He's so cute. Everyone thinks he's a girl! :005:

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
Re: No leg cocking in sight!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
I have exactly the same 'problem' with Henry - has never cocked his leg and he's two! And people keep telling me how pretty 'she' is.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
It's funny how all dogs are different.  My first 2 cockers were both 14/15 months before they cocked, current one Monty was just 8 months old when he started to cock!  All were entire.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
Mine cocked his leg at 6 months, we also thought it would save the grass. Well it sort of saved the grass but he now kills the plants  :005:

For some strange reason he does squat occasionally, not sure why he changes his position but he seems to be happy  :lol2:

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:18 AM »
Barnaby's just 9 months old...... he's another non-cocking cocker,  preferring to squat like a girlie:-o

Like LG, we also get the isn't she lovely comments.

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »
Milo is nearly 11 months old and he also has never cocked his leg either. I was just saying to the husband yesterday about whether he would ever do it [emoji848][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ips

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »
Milo is nearly 11 months old and he also has never cocked his leg either. I was just saying to the husband yesterday about whether he would ever do it [emoji848][emoji12]

Why would your husband want to do it 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 12:14:38 PM »

Why would your husband want to do it [emoji16]
Ha ha very funny [emoji23]

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »

Why would your husband want to do it 😁

:rofl1:

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
Yet another reassuring post that my pup is not an alien.. nearly 10 months. Not even a hint of cocking his leg.... he too gets called a girl on a regular occasion

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
What's the saying "be careful what you wish for!!"  :005: My Clumber did about 2 what i called big boy wee wee' s his whole life, the rest of the time he would just squat. He was a lovely boy to walk, Reese on the other hand needs to cock his leg up what feels like every single blade of grass!  >:D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 08:31:33 AM »
Never had a boy, but from what I read on here it is quite common for them not to cock their leg, sometimes they never do.  ;)

My girl, Coco however, does cock her leg - but then she thinks she is an alpha female  :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »
Our gardens full of patterns - spotted lawn and striped box hedge - I'm thinking of taking up dog dancing now so we can maybe achieve a nice chequered effect on the climbing hydraenga!!  :005:

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
Charlie is 2 years old and hasn't cocked his leg yet either, I have never owned a boy dog before and fell hook line and sinker, when a male colleague and owner of boy dogs explained to me that I have to show him how to do it  ph34r :005: I'm so gullible  :lol:

Charlie is also a pretty boy, he's definitely boy band material  :005:  People always assume he's a girl, bless his heart  :luv: :luv:

Offline hoover

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
Yes, be careful what you wish for, Ollie will cock his leg over every errant leaf, piece of rubbish, bird poo etc, and we have had very embarrassing moments of him peeing on other dogs, peoples shoes or back of their legs, boys jumpers left as goal posts and abandoned jackets of park staff.  >:D   We have to drag him past park benches and shop entrances to try to ensure he doesn't go.  Thought this would lessen after neutering but nope.