Author Topic: Rawhide.. Yes or no?!  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Diesellily

• Donator
  • MANDA
Re: Rawhide.. Yes or no?!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »
Does anyone give their dogs Pig Ears?  Bailey loves them and take about 30 mins to consume (just long enough for me to have a shower and get ready without him getting in to mischief :005:)
His ears were often the first thing to catch my tears
(Elizabeth Barrett Browning, referring to her Cocker Spaniel, Flush)

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »
Hi thanks all, we bought some fish skins this week... Well Leo LOVES them, I on the other hand feel like following him around with air freshener and mouthwash   :005: he STINKS!!!!
I have to admit I've stuck with the rawhide so far. One bone is last 3 days, he's not choked once despite taking a few chunks off. It has very fortunately not seemed to have affected him tummy and he LOOOOVVES them. I'm sticking with my morals and not allowing them unsupervised etc but they are giving my sanity a Mich needed break!!

I bought some of the fish 4dogs biscuits and he also likes them in a Kong! So thank you for the advice.

I haven't given a pig ear yet, anyone else?

Offline hoover

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
rawhide bones will probably last longer than a pig's ear, but you might find in time he gets bored with them.  That's what happened with Ollie not long after we bought a bumper pack of them as they had done such a good job of keeping him occupied  :lol2:   He would finish a pigs ear within 5 mins. 

That's why I reckon the big / difficult chews are the best (as long as you can take them off them safely if you need to)  as they can't get them down to a swallowable piece so quickly.

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
Haha yes I am praying Leo doesn't get bored of these too quick haha I've just bought 10 which in theory should last him until Christmas!!!