Author Topic: Cost of raw diet?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline tgisue

• Site Member
Cost of raw diet?
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:00:04 AM »
Hi

Poppy is coming up to six months and I would like to switch to a raw diet.

Do most people buy online and what is the average cost per week/month?

Many thanks

Sue

Offline Theo961

• Donator
Re: Cost of raw diet?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:09:33 AM »
Hi Sue

I mainly have complete meals for Reese with a couple of DIY meals a week. I did buy direct from the various manufactures  but as I like to rotate manufactures I recently found a company called holico who stock most of the supplier's I like to use with more on the way, same price as manufacturers direct and free deliver. I spend about £40 every 4 to 5 weeks and Reese is around 12.5kg. There are lots of places to  buy online and it can be done much cheaper than I do. Online is probably a good place to research, see what's in your area or delivers nationally.
I buy online as don't have a local supplier of raw food as yet, i have only had one issue with a defrosted shipment but that was down to courier and was completely replaced.

Offline sueneil

• Site Member
Re: Cost of raw diet?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »
I use Nature's Menu, putting in an order for delivery on regular basis( I have 4 to feed). They are thriving on the diet which is not the cheapest but then it doesn't contain any horrid additives or "fillers". They have a good website so suggest you might take a look.