Author Topic: Diarrhoea and sickness, we,re in France, advice please!  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Diarrhoea and sickness, we,re in France, advice please!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
Glad he is on the mend.

It could just be the change of water - not necessarily anything nasty in it, just different - that upsets him.  Maybe give him bottled water next time you go away and see if you can avoid the upset tum  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »
He finished the canacur tabs Thursday night, and the ones from the pharmacy yesterday. Had some chicken and rice yesterday, plus scrambled egg, and am giving boiled water. His poohs were beginning g to firm up, but today his first one is like Mr Whippy, soft and yellow with a bit of mucous at the end (sorry if you're eating).  I managed to find a vet surgery in a village, no vets there, but I got a tube of the canacur paste. If there is no improvement today I will start to use it.

If he doesn't,t improve soon I will try and find a vet. I am learning the French for everything related to the digestive tract and pooh  :005:. Never did that at school  :005:

Poor dog, I really thought he was improving. This will be his first day back on regular food so will see how he goes, fingers crossed. His last episode was in Scotland, so he is used to the water there.

Mari, sorry, missed your question. Canacur is some sort of probiotic that replenishes the gut bacteria,
Comes as a paste with a syringe, or tablets. I bought some tabs online after the last episode, and carried them with us in case, which is just as well.

Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »
I hope he keeps getting better! Not fun to have a sick dog, especially when you're not at home. Good idea to bring the probiotics on your trip!