Author Topic: The importance of a good poo!  (Read 858 times)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
The importance of a good poo!
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
Archie has been suffering with another flare up of his colitis since Sunday. No solid poos since Sunday afternoon and blood in them on Tuesday evening. Much rushing to the garden several times a night. He's fine in himself but yesterday did no poos at all all day. It's not uncommon for him so I'm not concerned, just keeping an eye on things. Today I'm playing at a wedding and he is with my Mum. I play with my sheet music in my iPad and although it is silent, texts still appear on the screen. I just got one that said "Poos OK, no blood". So glad it didn't appear while I was chatting to a guest!!!!!  :shades:  ph34r Good to know hes on the mend.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: The importance of a good poo!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Poor Archie, hope he's better soon!  :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
Poor Archie, glad he is on the mend.  Good to know we are not the only people who send texts like that!

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:22:22 AM »
Aw! Hope that means he feels better  :luv: I used to use a petsitting service, they would come to my home to stay with and walk my dog for a few of hours during the day if I had to work a long shift. I always recieved a text  from them saying where they had walked, that my dog was happy when they left her, and a detailed description of her feces. I had to tell them they didn't have to inform me of the poo unless it as abnormal  :005: Poo means a lot to us pet owners, no dubt about that!

Offline chien

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »
Archie has been suffering with another flare up of his colitis since Sunday. No solid poos since Sunday afternoon and blood in them on Tuesday evening. Much rushing to the garden several times a night. He's fine in himself but yesterday did no poos at all all day. It's not uncommon for him so I'm not concerned, just keeping an eye on things. Today I'm playing at a wedding and he is with my Mum. I play with my sheet music in my iPad and although it is silent, texts still appear on the screen. I just got one that said "Poos OK, no blood". So glad it didn't appear while I was chatting to a guest!!!!!  :shades:  ph34r Good to know hes on the mend.

I'm not sure if this is recommended or not but when mine is suffering from loose stools I give her a few brown rice cakes (sainsburys are the only place i've been able to find non salted 100% rice cake (their so good range i think?)) Avoid giving ones with salt.

Hope he is better soon

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »
Just caught up with this, so glad Archie is on the mend  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.