Author Topic: rescue cockers  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
rescue cockers
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
Found this link on Spaniel Aid it is for a rescue had never heard of http://www.saveourspaniels.co.uk/
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Re: rescue cockers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:48:10 PM »
First for me too.   Good for them. I know some people are critical of importing foreign dogs, but  they need rescuing too, and the locals don't want them!    It sounds like they are fully prepared for import and have to be fit to travel . The charity deserves support,  they are very dependent on the kindness of their vet abroad, and the price to transport them. My mongrel came by white van, very happy. My costs were £250 for the van man , £150 to the charity, and a donation for the vet.
A neglected hairy spaniel is going to be a mess.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
Good for them! Some awful cases on their website. Easy to understand why they want to intervene. The tale of the owner caught hanging the spaniel because he didn't want to pay the fee to have it destroyed, does make me worry about the human race.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »
While it does seem the vast amount are from Europe there was one I saw that was from UK (Belle).
Some horrific people around >:D
Still from where ever they are doing good for cockers
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed