Author Topic: Update on Albert  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Albert25

Update on Albert
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
We’ve now had our new pup Albert for a couple of weeks and he is a real joy, he’s ok going in his cage at night and only whines after he has been to the toilet, but then goes back to sleep, he’s also ok with his general toilet training going on his training mat by the door and has done some outside, it’s the dreaded biting and nipping that is the real problem, ignores all his chew toys and prefers nipping round the ankles or fingers! While I’ve read other posts on the forums about this, does anyone have any shared experiences that could help to manage this? He is doing very well for a 10 week old pup though and loves his food and running around the garden!

Offline sodpot2000

Re: Update on Albert
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
Cockers are notoriously bitey pups - not known as cockerdiles for nothing. They do grown out of it ... eventually. You will find lots of threads on here with advice for dealing with it but the bottom line is to keep calm - otherwise the game gets more exciting!

Offline RobinRed

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
He sounds like a lovely boy.

Our Harry is 16 weeks now and goes through stages with his biting which I'm sure is linked to teething. We find it worse if he's tired so ensure he gets lots of regular naps. We've also found popping a soft toy in his mouth when he's in biting mode has helped a lot and have just introduced him to chewing on pizzles and an antler tip.

It has definitely got easier more recently.

Good luck!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 07:20:16 AM »
He sounds like a lovely boy.

Our Harry is 16 weeks now and goes through stages with his biting which I'm sure is linked to teething. We find it worse if he's tired so ensure he gets lots of regular naps. We've also found popping a soft toy in his mouth when he's in biting mode has helped a lot and have just introduced him to chewing on pizzles and an antler tip.

It has definitely got easier more recently.

Good luck!

A kong  filled with yoghurt and popped into the freezer - one of the first and best tips I had from COL , -great for soothing sore gums!! Humphrey also loved his tree root chewing block, bit on the pricey side but they last for ever!  ;)