Author Topic: Weird submissive legs.  (Read 1056 times)

Offline LilyPup

Weird submissive legs.
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:56:11 PM »
 Hi everyone, it's been a little while. Lily about 10 months old now. She has a funny little behaviour that I've been wondering about - just wondering if anyone's dog does (or used to do) something similar.

I refer to Lily as a shy extrovert. She LOVES meeting and playing with other dogs, and always runs over to greet them. But once she gets there she goes all shy and submissive. This is when her back legs go all weird :005: she almost looks like her back legs go paralysed, and she kinda wiggles and drags her lower half along the ground.

I'm sure she's just being submissive, but I've not seen other dogs behave like this before so I was just curious! Is this a cocker thing, a puppy thing, or just a Lily thing? :005:

Offline hoover

Re: Weird submissive legs.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
Lol, it sounds like a good thing in any event! Some dogs are not overly thrilled when other dogs come bounding up to them so to have a clear submissive display will mean everyone stays friendly!  It does make me think of puppy like behaviour and she is still young.

Offline PennyB

Re: Weird submissive legs.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:22:41 AM »
some dogs display submissive behaviour in different ways - as Ruby got older she would shuffle on her bum (as a pup she would roll on her back but after being attacked at 11 months old she then did a funny bum shuffle), others roll over or do it however they feel, some even pee each time they're submissive - each dog will be different and however they do it its not just reserved for cockers (I have a working cockerX who crouches very low and bends her body round so her head meets her bum as she moves towards whichever dog it is)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!