Author Topic: Wet patch under the bed  (Read 1393 times)

Offline chien

Wet patch under the bed
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »
This  has been bothering me for quite some time and I was concerned at first she might have been wetting the bed.
The fluid is clear, doesn't smell like urine and the mattress itself is dry.
She is also toliet trained and rarely has an accident unless sick.

Anyway! It's apparently just "condensation" caused by the bed being on a cold tiled floor. It makes sense as the fluid is scentless and clear.
I have moved the bed onto a mat to add some further insulation between the cold floor and it's cleared it up.

Hope this helps someone that came accross the same issue!

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Re: Wet patch under the bed
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »
I put an old cotton mat underneath Jazz's bed at night for this very reason.  The kitchen floor is tiled and I noticed some time ago his bed seemed to be damp when I moved it first thing in the morning.  The mat solves the problem and prevents Jazz potentially sleeping on a damp bed for part of the night. 

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »
Yep, had the same problem here as I have stone floors.  Solved the problem by getting Coco a bed that was raised off the floor  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »
Raised beds here too. No condensation problems and the dogs are above draught level.

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:47:51 AM »
We have beds in the kitchen and have seen the problem if they spend a lot of time these during the day. At night, they sleep in cages which have plastic trays raised a little above the floor - we put dog beds and blankets on top of the trays.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
Milly sleeps on a TOG 3 quilt on top of a pocket spring mattress, all supported on a parana pine base.

During the night she has two slaves sleeping one each side of her to ensure that she doesn't roll off her bed and to provide additional low level warmth and cuddles if she should need it.

No damp patches but her built in alarm function (Dots neck getting licked while I get thumped by her wagging tail) can prove useful if a little difficult to reset when the clocks go forward.  ;)

Bob.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
Milly sleeps on a TOG 3 quilt on top of a pocket spring mattress, all supported on a parana pine base.

During the night she has two slaves sleeping one each side of her to ensure that she doesn't roll off her bed and to provide additional low level warmth and cuddles if she should need it.

No damp patches but her built in alarm function (Dots neck getting licked while I get thumped by her wagging tail) can prove useful if a little difficult to reset when the clocks go forward.  ;)

Bob.

He he, we need a Like button, but this will have to do meanwhile :clapping: :clapping:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »

Bob.

He he, we need a Like button, but this will have to do meanwhile :clapping: :clapping:

Ditto!  :005: