Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Vitamin B12

(1/3) > >>

rubyduby:
Having read the previous messages on older dogs suffering from anxiety and confusion, I noted that vit B12 was mentioned, can anyone recommend a make/type for dogs....not too expensive as my OH will go mad, I am sure she will benefit as she suffers from thyroid and Pancreas issues

bizzylizzy:
I give my dog brewers yeast tablets, they don’t contain b12 but have B1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 9. The physiotherapist recommended them as a cheaper but as equally beneficial alternative to B Complex Supplements obtained at the vet.

Mudmagnets:
These contain vit B12 as well as other vitamins - not too expensive, they may help

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-supplements-cat-supplements-multi-vitamin-and-mineral-c-5_222/protexin-cobalaplex-for-cats-and-dogs-60-sprinkle-capsules-p-41030

ejp:
You can buy liquid B12 for humans, Viridian, Bio Care and Solgar are a few of the brands that spring to mind.  You could maybe use just a tiny amount.

phoenix:
Chemeyes.co.uk sells B12 for dogs. 
I had a spaniel who needed it due to another condition.  There is a specific blood test for it which is expensive, but be assured there is absolutely no harm in giving it regularly without a test because any excess comes out in their pee.
My dog was listless,  confused over times of day, and super clingy.  I had discovered her main autoimmune condition caused b12 deficiency,  so I insisted that the vet gave her a course of injections. She improved overnight, and continued with taking the Chemeyes pills.
I suffered from it myself, and knew when it was low by being tired and having brain fog. I struggled adding money and  forgot where I parked my car!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version