Author Topic: View posts since last visit  (Read 1283 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
View posts since last visit
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:40 PM »
Before the changes I used to use the 'view posts since last visit'  ..now it says 'show unread posts since last visit :-\ :-\

..is it only unread posts that can be viewed now? and not all recent posts ..hope that makes sense  :-\ :laugh:
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Re: View posts since last visit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:57:21 PM »
 :lol2:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »
I'm using the Classic YaBB SE Theme, which uses different icon colour indicators, which is much better than the view unread posts thingie  ;)

The Forum list has a little coloured blob next to each subject area (Puppies, Health, Anything Goes etc) - if there is a post in a thread on that forum that you haven't read, the blob is a different colour. When you open the forum and view the thread headings, any threads with new posts in have the word NEW written next to them :)

It took me about a day to get used to it, but its worth a look if, like me, you really can't cope without "view posts since last visit" thingie.....;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:20:47 PM »
Thanks Rachael  :laugh:..much prefer this layout..but still hav'nt got 'view posts since last visit  :'( ..guess I'll get used to it  ^_^
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:16:39 PM »
I'm using the Classic YaBB SE Theme, which uses different icon colour indicators, which is much better than the view unread posts thingie  ;)

Rachel - can you please explain this to me - my brain is a little tender today!!!  :laugh:
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 07:25:30 PM »
I'll try:

In your profile, you can select look and layout preferences (LHS menu). On this page, you can change your theme - the way the forum looks.  I have selectd the Classic YaBB SE Theme.

When you go back to the forum home page (that lists all the sub-forums - Behaviour, Puppies, etc) each of these has a coloured blob on the LHS on the sub-forum name. If there are any new posts in that sub-forum since you last looked at it, it goes a different colour.

when you click on the sub-forum name, you see a list of threads/topics. If any of them have got new posts since you last looked, they have the word NEW next to them :)

So, from the home page, you can scan the list of sub-forums to see any with new posts in; open the sub-forum, and see all the topics with new posts. Each time you return to the home page, it will always show you which sub-forums have new posts since you last looked in there, even those posted during current visit :)

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 08:10:46 PM »
 :huh: :huh:

My head hurts   :-\

Maybe I'll try tomorrow!!!

Thanks rachel   ;)

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:46:11 PM »
Rachel - your a star.

Just changed my theme and its all working brilliantly ... only took me a week!!!  :005:

www.myspace.com/tonitee