Author Topic: Spyware Removers and Trojans etc!!!!  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Spyware Removers and Trojans etc!!!!
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:29:15 PM »
Has anyone had any experience on how to get rid of trojans and ad's that have got onto my computer? I have Norton Internet security and BT spyware Remover and somehow when I get onto the internet and go to BT Yahoo and click on anything the whole of the browser is changed to www.sweepstake.com which is full of adverts!!! >:D i have to close the window and then try running the bt spyware . it was then coming up with " hijacker please remove" which I did....I have now loaded Windows defender and Ad-Aware and have to run all three and remove any files they are finding >:D >:D Ad aware shows I am getting win32 trojan and win 32 dluca trojan.... is there anything I can do to ellininate these completely? I have also been told to be careful about spyware as some actually PUT  spyware on your computer instead of taking it off ph34r Sorry this is a long post but I'm at a loss as to what to do next as my knowledge is limited! ph34r

Thanks
Lou.
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: Spyware Removers and Trojans etc!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »
I've found this removal information from Symantec http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/downloader.dluca.c.html but it depends how computer literate you are to be able to do it (no offence intended  ;)) . The System restore in XP can be a problem because it takes snapshots of your PC at various times of the day so therefore could back-up the trojan, so in theory if you switch off System Restore then follow the removal process and then switch system restore back on and create a restore point it "should" remove the threat. The instructions are pretty easy to follow and would suggest if you do it yourself to print off every step before you start.

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »
Thanks Gilly,
 :D
I will give it a try, not sure if I can do it but I have to do something as this is driving me mad. >:D

Thanks.
Lou.
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:42:19 PM »

Offline stevewp

• Site Member
  • Bridget on a typically hard day !
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 03:25:24 AM »
I hate to say it, but I know of not a single person with Norton who hasn't still had lots of nasties on their pc. It just doesn't seem to do the job it's meant to. The same goes for McAfee in my experience too.

Can I suggest you use A-squared (click here) to clean it all up, and then use Zonealarm (click here) as a firewall to keep more stuff off it.

I run A-squared every month or two, and it keeps things nicely in check. It has also eliminated virus's that Microsoft's own virus removal software has failed to get rid of (not that I rate Microsoft, but that's another story   ;)   )
Have a look at Bridget's pictures here