Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3055 times)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
Hi Anne

Welcome to COL.

I have a black lab, Sapphi, a golden retriever Max and cocker puppy Barney arrives in 9 days!

I'm afraid I'd agree with Colin, but it has to be your decision.  

Every dog is different.  Sapphi was like Millie, a smartypants at puppy class and so obedient until .... adolescence. She was always a lively puppy and always on the go but as I said obedient, quick to learn and walked beautifully on the lead.  In adolenscence she was still very lively but less willing to do as asked and pulled so badly on the lead.  She was a little trying shall we say! ;)
I waited until she was almost two before I felt I could get another dog.
Max however is a totally different kettle of fish.  He has always been laid back and really calm even as a young puppy. Don't get me wrong, he gets excited when playing with Sapphi and the other puppies but he's certainly not over the top.  He did well a puppy class but certainly wasn't the class smartypants.  He steadily got better and better at obedience.
I took advice from my trainer who knows both Sapphi and Max about the right time to get another puppy,  (which will be the last! :D). She agreed that Max was mature enough now but there would have been no way I'd have got another when Sapphi was just 1. That would have been a nightmare.

So, as I said every dog is different.  I hope it does all work out for you, and I'd love to see pictures of Millie.

Good luck and keep us posted. ;)

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »
hi anne and welcome.we have molly, she is black and will be 11 weeks young tomorrow.look forward to seeing pics of millie  :D

might take a while as not very computer literate. if i could get someone to give instructions not techno speak that would be great. have some great pictures

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 07:09:02 PM »
Have you got photographs or some piccies in your computer?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 07:18:40 PM »
yeah always transfer them on when i take them.

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 09:05:17 PM »
Hi, We have a black cocker called Kalli, she is 5 months old.

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:53 PM »
Hi, We have a black cocker called Kalli, she is 5 months old.
hi. great site. just finding my way round. trying unsuccessfully to get photos downloaded. doesn't help when the computer era passed you by. keep trying though. anne

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
Go to the Main Forum page ('Home'- top lh corner of any forum page) then Photos then Help and Assistance. You will see a Help with Photos thread(by Stueymac)which should guide you through it.
Basically you first need an internet based site like Photobucket (a lot of people on here seem to use that one), save them to that and then copy and paste the url info into your post. The thread above will explain it in more detail. Post back here if you get stuck.
Hint. It's best to resize your photos on your computer and save them as a duplicate of your original before you put them in Photobucket as it doesn't always reduce them as you expect and if they end up too small you cant increase the size again. The max size allowed is in the thread above. Theres also a Test area for posting photos first so you can practise (see the Home Page again)

Good luck.   :blink: It does get easier and this is a complete technophobe speaking!  :005:
happydog

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »
Go to the Main Forum page ('Home'- top lh corner of any forum page) then Photos then Help and Assistance. You will see a Help with Photos thread(by Stueymac)which should guide you through it.
Basically you first need an internet based site like Photobucket (a lot of people on here seem to use that one), save them to that and then copy and paste the url info into your post. The thread above will explain it in more detail. Post back here if you get stuck.
Hint. It's best to resize your photos on your computer and save them as a duplicate of your original before you put them in Photobucket as it doesn't always reduce them as you expect and if they end up too small you cant increase the size again. The max size allowed is in the thread above. Theres also a Test area for posting photos first so you can practise (see the Home Page again)

Good luck.   :blink: It does get easier and this is a complete technophobe speaking!  :005:
thanks will give it a try. had already transferred photos to photobucket.bigger technophobe than you.

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 09:10:36 PM »
  not sure if this has worked properly or not. this should be millie. anne

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »

She's a real beauty Anne, with such a soft, gentle expression.  :shades: I still think you should be a bit more patient when it comes to getting her a canine companion though - but I would imagine that you've probably already guessed that by now.  ;)  :lol:

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 10:19:35 PM »
hi colin. understand concerns. not kidding myself it will be easy. lucky at moment as she is so well behaved and responds really well to training. no mess in house for wks and no chewing anything that she shouldn't. maybe calm before the storm but take each day as it comes. going to see puppies a wk on sat so we will take it from there.

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 10:25:38 PM »
Millies a real cutie. :luv:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 11:24:33 PM »
Yaaay you did it!  :D Well done. Millie looks absolutely gorgeous.  :blink:  Want to cuddle her!!  :luv:
happydog

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 11:27:18 PM »
She is lovely a pretty little girl
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline anne

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »
Yaaay you did it!  :D Well done. Millie looks absolutely gorgeous.  :blink:  Want to cuddle her!!  :luv:
: :D bit on the big side but have now downsized them on my computer so next time if i can remember what i did ha ha they should be a tad smaller. was getting ready to throw computer out window  :005: :005: :005: