Author Topic: another crash/graphics card needs driver but not sure what one to choose  (Read 1404 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
we have a nvidia graphics card and i keep getting a message saying one card is turned off and i need two on?????? didn't know i had two!!!!!
anyway what i need to know is how do i find out which nvidia gcard i have installed.then i can fix it.the message i get is something about sli and g something(i forgot already)i also know that it was something to do with a trial version of pro gold photo suite that caused the prob(though i am not admitting to this here at home,i am blaming son :005:i have uninstalled progold but it still hasn't made any difference.my son mike only installed the driver last night.he is out at the moment so hoping to fix it b4 he gets home.

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Restart the Pc and when it boots up the first thing it shows could be the graphics card name. It might show a splash thou which is the motherboard name which will take up the whole screen and be very colorfull. You can turn this off to show your graphics cards name.

Itll be in the top left hand corner, it'll say nvidea xxxxxx that is the graphics card name.

Some cards can run two monitors or a monitor and TV so have different drivers.

Give it a go and post what card it is and ill send you a link for the drivers.

Jim
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline lyn

• Site Member
it's a nvidia 6200
the message i keep getting is this
sli multi has been changed to independant gpu rendering because one of your sli cards has been removed
sli multi gpu rendering requires 2 or more graphics cards

does this mean i don't have two g cards and mike has maybe downloaded the wrong driver???
all was going well until i installed the pro gold.everything kept freezing then it all crashed again.i have done a system restore that has stopped the crashes but not this warning message when i log on to my account on the pc.

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue

Offline lyn

• Site Member
aww thanks :D as usual it's worked a treat ;)

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
 ;)
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue