Author Topic: Obedience  (Read 2188 times)

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Obedience
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »
I was wondering if there are any other cockers here working obedience?  (I know Bailey is!)

I wondered whether we wanted to make a list of our dogs kennel name, classes we work and areas we mostly go to shows in?  That way we can look out for one another, and if there is someone interested in competing in obedience with their cocker they can check the list to see if anyone competes in their area, and maybe hook up with them at a show?

OK...I'll go first:

Sarasal's Blue Cascade of Pepperbox (blue roan)

working novice and A, (and YKC intermediate)   ph34r

mostly go to shows in Midlands, Kent and Essex (but as I am now studying at Uni in Plymouth I may go to some in the south west during term-time...if I can get my mother to bring my dogs down  :P )

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Obedience
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:00:54 AM »
I'm going to start competing with Vegas in the New Year. I've decided its time to bite the bullet  :lol:

He is an orange roan and his KC name is Mr Bojangles at Gillbrook. We are based in Scotland
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gayle and Bailey

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »
Hello all

We started competing this year and have worked 1 pre-beginner class & 1 pre-beginner stakes class

Dogs name is Bailey - Briconess Vendetta who is also a show dog so am going to be very busy next year!

We are in Fife Scotland - if anybody going to Scottish shows we will be very happy to help

Gayle & Bailey

Gayle, Bailey and Jura xx

Offline pam100red

• Site Member
  • Tess
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
Here's another :D

Tess                  -Heartswaine Snowbird            10mth old very light blue roan

Going to training and hoping to start Pre-beginners VERY soon. Also already doing some showing with my daughter.

We're based in Lancashire between Preston and Lancaster.
Will probably compete within a 50mile radius.
Maybe bump into yous all sometime!? We seem to be top,bottom and middle of country ::)

Pam and Tess

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »
Well, I am working obedience with my two lurchers (though one will be retired shortly and will hopefully start with agility, which he will enjoy a lot more)... and our new American cocker puppy is already making great progress at 10 weeks old... Thanks to clicker training, he has already learnt the behaviours of sit, down, back (walking backwards) and touch. Thing is at the moment they are not on cue (except for the sit), so he just throws them all at me when I take the clicker out...  :005: But I have started putting them on cue now, one by one, so hopefully the whole thing will look a little more organised by the time I can take him to obedience training with me in two weeks time.  :D He does look very promising though... absolutely loves clicker training and also loves toy tugging... both extremely useful for obedience. So look out for "Weiambea Jesse James" in the South England area hopefully later this year.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »
what a cool name vera :luv:

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk