Author Topic: I need a girlfriend!  (Read 1974 times)

Offline gail123

• Site Member
I need a girlfriend!
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:41:38 AM »
My name is Kracker and I'm 3 years old and a a handsome orange roan and my mum says it's about time I found a girlfriend.
If you have any suggestions on the best way to go about this my mum would appreciate your help. I'm willing as long as she goes home after as I'm not sharing my bed and food on a permenant basis ;).
Merry Christmas to all the other boys and girls - oh and all the owners too
Gail

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Re: I need a girlfriend!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »
Kracker, pray tell why do you need a girlfriend? Especially one thats not allowed to stay!!?!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
I'm not sure what you are asking here. If you are asking about using your dog as stud then I'm not sure it should be treated in such a trivial manner really. Have a read of this...

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=3420.0

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
If you are asking about using your dog as stud then I'm not sure it should be treated in such a trivial manner really.

The OP did remind me of a lot of  the "free ads" I see in our local paper......... :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline gail123

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. I would like to breed with Kracker  he has an excellent pedigree, and a beautiful temperament
and I just wanted to know how we go about finding a suitable bitch to put him too. I did not intend to upset anyone
Gail

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 11:55:56 AM »

Hi Gail

No worries. I notice from your previous posts that you show Kracker. Has he had much success in the ring ? The best people to ask whether he has any stud potential would be the experienced breeders at shows or maybe discuss it with the breeder you got him from. I have no experience of breeding or showing but would imagine that anyone looking for a stud dog to use on their bitch would be looking for a dog that is a good example of the breed ( type, health and temperament) and has proved himself in the ring. There are also the points to consider that are raised in the link I posted earlier, mating him once could have an impact on his future behaviour.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:41:46 PM »
Colin's made some good points so I won't repeat them ;) I'll just add that if Kracker has been shown and other breeders like him, they will ask to use him at stud. That's how it works in the dog world - breeders approach owners of potential stud dogs, the stud dog owner doesn't ask for bitches to come to them ;) There are thousands of handsome dogs out there with good pedigrees but it doesn't mean they should be used at stud or that other breeders will want to use them even if they have been successfully shown and passed all recommended health tests.
Jane

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
Hi

Very bizzare comments.  I thought it was a light hearted way of saying your dog was available for stud, I cannot for one minute believe that anyone would be offended by your post.  I hope you are successful in your quest.  I have muppet a lovely 2 and a half year old orange bitch but unfortunately she has been done as she was a right miserable old trout before the op and she still steels the duvet most nights so she'd be no good for Kracker....sorry!
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »
Hi

Very bizzare comments.  I thought it was a light hearted way of saying your dog was available for stud, I cannot for one minute believe that anyone would be offended by your post.

Sadly as IWLAss suggests it initially smacked of free ads and backyard breeders, which is why we do get upset on here as breeding should never be considered lightly at all --- I live in an area where breeding is considered very lightly and the dogs ultimately suffer the consequences, and it isn't funny either.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 10:53:40 PM »
Very bizzare comments. 

I can't see that any of the comments made above have been bizarre in the slightest :huh: Gail has been given sensible advice on the subject of offering her dog at stud which is presumably what she is was looking for even if the advice given wasn't necessarily what she wanted to hear (I'm sure she was not merely saying her dog was available since advertising dogs at stud is not permitted on COL ;)). COL has a policy of promoting responsible breeding only which is why posts on the Breeding board will always point out the realities & responsibilities of breeding rather than just offering good wishes & encouragement.
Jane

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »
have you had all the health checks done that are recommended by the kennel club or the breed for your breed??  Is he healthy.  Its not just about conformation but about what will be passed on to progeny.