Author Topic: Bella goes weave-tastic!  (Read 4109 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Bella goes weave-tastic!
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
Just a little brag about Bella - we went to agility on Saturday, the first time in a month because of Xmas etc and I'd done barely any practise at all over that time. She's normally very iffy on the weaves, very slow and often gets bored half way along and just wants to get on with jumping.

We had the agility Xmas party in December and it made me realise that me and the Super Booster need to go a bit quicker if we're going to start competing (although admittedly most of those we were against already do compete and have alot more experience), so I decided this week to try and speed things up a bit.

I'm not sure if it was the speed or just Bella being particularly extra attentive but she was FANTASTIC on the weaves - we did them 4 times on different rounds and every single round she whizzed through them and didn't put one foot wrong - I'm one proud mummy!  :luv:

Practically the whole class is made up of collies who of course do that collie 500% focussed, extra speedy weaving, and Bella's always been the poor little over-enthusiastic cocker who has to try and get her bustly bum through the weaves, but she was *almost* a match for the collies this week (well, okay, a few miles off but pretty speedy for a little gundog  :005:) - on top of which she only made one error (too excited to go through the tunnel so she just started spinning round next to it  :lol:) out of about 12 rounds that we did. Cockertastic!  :luv:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Bella goes weave-tastic!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
Well done.

She does love it all doesn't she.

Are you hoping to get Zorro into agility too? Will that be you running with him, or OH?

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »
Wow, well done Bella and Claire   ;)  I can see her doing that spinning at the tunnel  :lol:

I've was chatting to someone from our local agility club yesterday and I've put our names down so I hope to hear from them soon - fingers crossed.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:53:32 PM »
Well done Bella  :D

Molo did the best class he's done at his first class after the Christmas break last week, too  ;) I have put our names down for the demonstration team (first display in May  :o), so we are working towards accuracy - he did a run of four jumps without looking at me once  :D :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:28 PM »
It's great when they start to get the hang of it - it took Bella 8 months to get her head round the seesaw - she's still a touch hesitant on it but will go over it all by herself now instead of needing two of us coaxing her up it with sausage  :lol:.

I'm not sure about taking Zorro - I think he'd love it but OH is really not into doing things like that (being forced to take him to obedience  :005: which is about the limit really). It's just the time commitment really, the class is up to an hour's drive from me depending on the traffic so it takes 3 hours out of my Saturdays and he'd have to be in a different class. But there is a puppy class starting - he's too young yet but she said maybe in April (when he'll be 8 months) - obviously they don't do any jumping till they're a year and they only do the more gentle obstacles (no A-frames) but it means they can start learning directions etc early on.

So we'll see, depends how much energy I have - we had a helter skelter round at the end of class this week (where the obstacles are in a big spiral sequence). There were 20 obstacles in total and it was like a 100m sprint - I only had time to rest while a poodle went round then I had to go again as we were the only 2 mini's and it saved putting the jumps up and down all the time. I was absolutely knackered!  ph34r :lol:

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »
Way to go Bella :D sounds like she really enjoys herself :luv:  can't wait for Molly to do it....
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »
Well done, we've made some enquiries about agility as difficult to get to Heelwork to Music class as days changed.

That class is full of Collies too - 'bout time the little cockers showed 'um what they are made of!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 06:06:33 PM »
Yay Bella, its great when the ABC's show the collies how to do it.
Bilbo has dicey weaves and Dobbie can do them really well, if he just bloomin paid attention, he also gets bored after about 4 poles ::)
Just filling in my first double entry form for a show in march with Dobbie and Bilbo, just doing 2 classes each but it will be the first time trying them both at 1 show :o

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »
Yay well done Bella and Claire!  :D
Might we see you at a show soon?
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
Yay well done Bella and Claire!  :D
Might we see you at a show soon?

Well I'm hoping to enter the Whitstable Agility Group Starters show on 19th March. If it's an unaffiliated show does she have to have been officially measured? She's been measured at class (she's a mini!) but not by an official person yet... The show has agility, jumping, helter skelter and accumulator stakes classes - I doubt we'll do all 4 but probably try agility and helter skelter...

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
She shouldn't need to be officially measured for an unaffiliated show, although if you can get her measured do, as it's a pig to find a measuring session when you do need one! 

Go on try all 4 classes, you will both enjoy it  :D

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »
What's helter skelter?   ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »
Helter Skelter is a class (usually jumping) with the course laid out in the style of a helter skelter.  ie starting from the middle and working the way out in a spiral, or starting at the outside and working in a spiral to the middle; or something along those lines.  Have to say that 'proper' helter skelters can be a blast to run, but you do get judges who seem to have funny ideas of what constitutes a helter skelter  ;)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »
It's great when they start to get the hang of it - it took Bella 8 months to get her head round the seesaw - she's still a touch hesitant on it but will go over it all by herself now instead of needing two of us coaxing her up it with sausage  :lol:.

Ruby's the opposite with the seesaw as she flies over it then flies off it in to the air and has been known to hit the ground very hard on her chest with a thud and four legs spread flat, then gets up running and she's fine (how I don't know ::)) but as we all know that's not exactly what's wanted

Well done on Bella's achievement so far
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!