Author Topic: Food(JWB)  (Read 1964 times)

Offline citybird

• Site Member
Food(JWB)
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »
Holly is 7 months old tomorrow and is still on the puppy variety. Should we be changing her to a different one now? Its jsut the next one up says for medium dogs, eg-Collies.
Also, her poos seem quite sloppy on it(tmi sorry), is this quite common with JWB? Not runny, just not very hard and firm! ph34r :005:

Thanks

Offline ali

• Site Member
Re: Food(JWB)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »
we find that jwb on it's own isn't enough to firm up barkley's 'deposits' so we compromise by giving him half jwb and half nature diet (a wet food with ground bone and veg in it) for breakfast, and then all jwb (in a treat ball or scattered about) in the evening. that's been enough to firm everything up nicely. :)

if barkley was fussier though, this may have not worked as he clearly looooves the nature diet and could easily have gotten fussy and refused to eat the jwb on its own. however, he seems to munch it very happily and we find it easiest at the mo. i do plan to gradually vary his diet with more BARF though, and he gets extras like veg and cheddar cheese quite regularly.

can't remember when we switched him onto the junior variety but i think he was probably about 7 months old. it's nice coz the bits are chunkier and barkley certainly prefered it to the puppy variety. interestingly, though, it's only the lamb variety that seems to suit him.
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline OscarsMum

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »
We have switched Oscar to the JWB Junior food and he seems to really prefer it! He particularly likes the fish variety (to which I add some sardines or tuna as a treat from time to time!) and also the duck flavour!

Offline citybird

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
Thank you. How old is Oscar?
Are his poos firm? ph34r

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
Poppy has always been on JWB and her poos were sometimes sloppy on the puppy food.
We change to junior when she was six months and her poos became alot firmer.
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline citybird

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 06:05:30 PM »
Thank you!  H is worried she shouldn't be on the junior food though as it says a minimum of 12kg on the packaging. Holly is only 10. ::)

Offline OscarsMum

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 12:12:45 PM »
Oscar is 9 months now and his poos are much firmer and darker(?!?) since we changed to the Junior food. I wouldn't get too hung up about the weight guide on the pack. There are many experienced owners/breeders who move their dogs onto adult food much earlier than 'recommended'.

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 12:31:42 PM »
Boo is only 61/2 months old and 7.3kg, but he is now on the junior and is doing fine - poos and all  :005:

As Oscars mum said, I wouldn't get too hung up on the weight guide.  If she is 7 months, I would try her on the junior - it's a bit chunkier and gives them something to munch on