Author Topic: Poppy 8.5 month Red/Gold Cocker - Spaniel Trust  (Read 7691 times)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
Re: Poppy 8.5 month Red/Gold Cocker - Spaniel Trust
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »
What a stunning dog and such an unhappy past. My Bailey had had 3 homes when I got him at 11 months old and I thought that was bad. I hope she gets the forever home that she deserves very soon. (She looks like a worker to me too)
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 05:53:31 PM »
What a stunning dog and such an unhappy past. My Bailey had had 3 homes when I got him at 11 months old and I thought that was bad. I hope she gets the forever home that she deserves very soon. (She looks like a worker to me too)

I didn't realise that about Bailey  :-\  shows how you've transformed him Wendy  :D

She looks fab and she looks mostly worker to me too (and utterly gorgeous)
helen & jarvis x

Offline donna26

• Site Member
  • Harvey
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 06:23:57 PM »
(the one I have will be on to at least her 3rd/4th home and she was due to be shot before we took her and she's only 2)

my gosh penny thats so awful good job you got her, what a horrid thing for a dog to go through, such a shame and makes me feel really sad, poor poppy i really hope someone right comes along  :luv:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
We thought Jasper had it rough having 2 other "forever" homes by the time he was 9 months!

Hope Poppy finds the next home really is forever.  :luv:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 11:05:29 PM »
We thought Jasper had it rough having 2 other "forever" homes by the time he was 9 months!

Hope Poppy finds the next home really is forever.  :luv:

She looks amazing and her story reminds me of my Bayley.
I do hope she finds her forever home where she will be understood by someone who will carry on her training.
Mark

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 10:46:14 AM »
Oh - she's gorgeous. If only I had more room, and Jake was a little older.

BTW: It's about 2 and a half hours drive from Ediburgh to Oban, then across to Mull on the ferry. (Used to do the Mull drive once a month with work).

Offline fifer

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Its not unusual for dogs to bounce around the free ads from home to home which is why all those who contact me for help are put in the direction of a good rescue to prevent this happening (the one I have will be on to at least her 3rd/4th home and she was due to be shot before we took her and she's only 2)
I agree Penny.  She was the second cocker puppy from the same source within a month I was "offered" at the last minute before PTS.  The first was only 4 months old!!  Luckily someone else stepped in to rescue that baby, though it's entirely possible 2 or 3 months down the line she could still end up here.

I have deliberately retained all the paperwork (and contacted the original owners) which came with Poppy and if I ever get the chance to put "the boot" into the puppy farm and/or dealer who sold these pups in a court of law, believe me I will.  >:D  However they are a licensed breeder/pet shop, so at the minute the law is on their side.

I think Poppy is more of a working cocker tbh though there is def some show in there also.  She is a kind of old fashioned type, reminds me of cockers when I was a child.  Her coat is improving very slowly, there are little tufts of baby coat coming through, but I was astonished that the feeding chart issued with this pup at 8 weeks was for 3 meals a day!  The owners had further reduced this to just one at 7 months.  I went back to 5 small meals a day for a fortnight, then 4 for a week and even then it took me 3 weeks to reach a point with her feeding where she left any food!

I've posted this light a candle appeal for all the dogs in puppy farms last night, if any of you would like to join in please feel free, hope it's ok to crosspost here Penny?

And for all the puppy farm dogs in misery and squalor this night, may 2008 bring an end to their misery, may such places cease to exist and may this one candle become a million to light their darkness.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=5034964
Spaniels In Need

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 11:29:45 PM »

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 09:36:19 PM »

hope she finds a forever home, :luv:

Nicola what about you ? :005:

Me? Oh noooo!! Three is my limit for now although she is a gorgeous girl. I don't think she's a full worker, she could be half and half. Now Jo on the other hand... I think she has your name written all over her. Look, you can see it under the gold if you squint a bit  :005: I used to drive up to the west coast every week as well so can give you directions, you know the last ones I gave you were such a success  ;) :shades: 
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »

Me? Oh noooo!! Three is my limit for now although she is a gorgeous girl. I don't think she's a full worker, she could be half and half. Now Jo on the other hand... I think she has your name written all over her. Look, you can see it under the gold if you squint a bit  :005: I used to drive up to the west coast every week as well so can give you directions, you know the last ones I gave you were such a success  ;) :shades: 

I'm already on the case!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »

I'm already on the case!

Yay! You go girl!! You'd be perfect for her  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

I'm already on the case!

If she weren't so far away from here, I might be on the chase too  :'(

Good luck Joanne

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »

I'm already on the case!

Good luck to you, everything crossed for you.  :luv:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »

I'm already on the case!

Everything crossed for you - she deserves a good home poor baby

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 11:30:15 PM »
shes lovely.. :luv: some workers do have very full ears.. look at my lot.
 oh I hope you get her joanne and it has a happy ever after ending. :luv: