Author Topic: Carrots  (Read 5694 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Carrots
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
Fern loves carrots too.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Sian P

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
I always give murphy the ends of them when I'm doing some for tea and like others have said he loved them cold from the fridge when he was teething. On the other hand I dropped the last bit of my banana the other day and finally discovered something he doesn't like!!
Sian & Murphy x

Offline Doggone Mad

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
Hamish loves carrots too  ;)

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
ellie loves carrot also, but i thought it was because our rabbit has them for supper, she will do any thing for a piece of carrot, they do contain a lot of natual sugar which made our previous rabbit overweight so we were told by our vet, little of it shouldn't hurt

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
Gari loves carrots, also peppers, broccoli and cauliflower, all raw. As soon as he hears me cutting any veg up, he runs in and does his "pogo"!  :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »
i was told by the vet yesterday to feed mine with carrots as treats as they are good for them and they are great for their teeth  :shades:

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »
Dogs do not digest raw carrot very well but still love them.
cooked carrots are more easily digestible.
Mark

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »

i gave Lola one straight out of the fridge as she is teething ..thinking she would just have a gnaw on it ..she ate the lot  ::)
so they are a firm favourite now  :D

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
Dogs do not digest raw carrot very well but still love them.
cooked carrots are more easily digestible.
Mark

I found that out after I'd given Indie one and I went to clean the garden up of her mess, at first I thought OMG what is wrong with her poos, they're orange,  until I realised it was lumps of carrot  :005: :005:

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
Cassie and Millie get a whole carrot each after their supper and it is their high spot of the day.  Mills has even been known to help herself from our neighbour's vegetable rack.  She views it as a dog-friendly treat dispenser.  ::) ::) Even though their teeth aren't great (previous bad treatment - not us) they crunch through them with gusto and the vet recommends them for keeping what teeth they have left.  They are great for persuading permanently food-seeking gannets that they are full and - forgive me - help a lot with bunged up anals.  :shades: :shades:  But I do agree that they can make the lawn rather technicolour.  :005: :005:

Offline Shell.B

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 08:06:59 AM »
Our old dogs - dalmatians- adored carrots they wouldn't go to bed on a night unless they got there carrot fix :luv: :005: Cassie likes them but prefers the peelings to the actual carrot, don't know why maybe 'cos it doesn't take as much eating. :005:

Offline charlie06

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 01:14:08 AM »
Hi Charlie is the same every time i open the fridge.  He looks inside to see what is coming out.  He loves most raw veg, enjoys cucumber, tomatos, carrots are one of his favourites.  I have often wounderd if they are ok to give to a dog.  Hope i am not doing any harm to him?

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »
Carrots!!!!!Maisie and Cassie bark at the fridge at 6 in the morning ~i won't say they are obsessed but.........they dug and ate muck and all my Dads in his garden once  :005:
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
Louis used to turn his nose up at carrots and leave them on the floor but the past 4 weeks he has really grown to love them and our vet suggested cutting up small pieces of carrot and mixing it with less of his normal food when trying to get his weight down, Alfie loves them as well.  the vet also sugggested apple although i don't give them that as often due to the sugar. i am give more of the veg now and cutting out the treats due to Louis condition. :blink:

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »
Carrots are one of Roxy's favourite things. She has it in various different ways.
When she was teething i would buy those little tiddlers for her, you know the small mishapen ones from the farm shop. i'd put them in the fridge so they could get cold like a teething ring for babies but au natural.  ;)

She also has it grated and mixed with natural yogurt in a kong for when we have to  leave her for an amount of time it keeps her occupied.

And when i'm making tea, sometimes she'll have a piece then too.

She pretty much loves all veg, but they do find it hard to digest properly so you will probably find they produce mulitcoloured Poo's too!!!  :o  :005:
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-