Author Topic: New to this site!!!  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
Re: New to this site!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »
Just to check that I'm looking in the right place!!! would that be the forum page under rescue?

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »
Welcome to COL  :blink: . So glad you have decided now is the time to fill that cocker shaped hole in your heart. There seem to be a fair few in rescue needing their forever home at the moment  :'( .

I have an eight year old working cocker called Fern.

Just to check that I'm looking in the right place!!! would that be the forum page under rescue?

As you're new here's a direct link  ;)  :D
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?board=46.0
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »
Thank you to every one for your welcome messages, :-* I am very excited at the thought of getting another special friend!! I am very quickly becomming addicted to this site this is the third time today I've logged on!  :lol:

Hi and welcome from another relative newbie!  I am owned by a 16 week old B&W working dog(Fred or distruct-a-pup as he is know at home). I hope you find a new friend soon and yes this site is v v v addictive.

Lisa  :D
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
Hi Lisa
Mine was a blk & wht working cocker, :angel:  he was full of energy even when he got older! He only chewed 1 pair of shoes when he was teething and never anything else  :o I do miss him, I'm looking to re home a cocker, this site is so addictive, I'm on it every spare moment!
I'm hoping to find a new baby soon   :lol:
Jan

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
Hi Lisa
Mine was a blk & wht working cocker, :angel:  he was full of energy even when he got older! He only chewed 1 pair of shoes when he was teething and never anything else  :o I do miss him, I'm looking to re home a cocker, this site is so addictive, I'm on it every spare moment!
I'm hoping to find a new baby soon   :lol:
Jan

Hi Jan,

Hope the search is going well and so good to hear(read) nice things about another working boy.  Sooooo pleased to know the chewing I have been dreading might not be as ad as I was expecting. So far so good with my little  :angel: but I am touching the edge of a wooden table as I type.  Good luck again with the search  :D and keep us posted.

Lisa
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
Hello Jan

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but also very happy to hear that you are ready to let another cocker take over your life  :005:
I lost my first cocker at a very young age just 4 weeks ago and I already have a 12 week old black and white ticked called Eric. I couldn't bare to be without a four legged friend.
Good Luck with your Search

Em and Eric

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:31 PM »
Hello Em and Eric ! I know exactly what you mean, but I told my family I never want another dog after I lost Kasper, its been over a year now and I feel so lost without one, my OH wanted me to wait AND I HAVE, I really want another now :luv: I have applied for one on this site but just missed out :'( but I'll keep trying till I get one :005: Well done to you, getting another so soon I'm sue you'll have loads of fun together.
Jan

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »
Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about Kasper, sounds like you gave him a fantastic life. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new cocker that I am sure will be yours very soon. I have Charlie he's just three, blue roan.
Claire

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »
Is that him in the small pic? he looks beautiful, :luv: I have to admit i'm getting restless, look so many times per day but no new ad's ?
jan

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »
:D Hi from me and Kasper

Good luck with your search for your new baby, hope you are not waiting too long  ;)
Looking forward to seeing some pics in the future

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
:D Hi from me and Kasper

Good luck with your search for your new baby, hope you are not waiting too long  ;)
Looking forward to seeing some pics in the future

Your Kasper is beautiful :luv: its such a cool name !!!! I hope i'm not waiting too long either, want something to happen soon  :-*

Jan and no baby yet!!!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
Sorry to hear abut Kasper - he was obviously very special (aren't they all  :D)

An impatient woman just like me  :005: now that you feel the time is right - Good luck Jan in finding your perfect new family member.

Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Sorry to hear about the loss of your boy  :'(  but it's great that you're looking for a rescue cocker now. I have 3 working cockers and my 3 year old liver girl Tilly is a rescue, I already had Alfie (2 yr old blue roan) and wasn't really looking for another one but I spotted her on the Rescue Cockers board on here one day and it was love at first sight so Alfie and I drove from Edinburgh to Doncaster 2 days later to get her  :luv:  I also now have Rodaidh who is 13 months old, I will definitely have another rescue worker one day but for the moment my 3 are more than enough!

Good luck in your search, I'm sure there is a cocker out there just waiting for you  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »
Thank you both so much, I would like to post pic's of my beloved boy but wouldn't like to upset or offend anyone (that's if i can get the hang of posting pic's!!! :-\) the pic's i have in mind are of him in the last two weeks of his life, my daughter is with him, do you think its not appropriate?? any advice?
Jan

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
Thank you both so much, I would like to post pic's of my beloved boy but wouldn't like to upset or offend anyone (that's if i can get the hang of posting pic's!!! :-\) the pic's i have in mind are of him in the last two weeks of his life, my daughter is with him, do you think its not appropriate?? any advice?
Jan

Post away! I promise you nobody would be offended by photos of your lovely boy  :luv:  I for one would love to see them.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/