Author Topic: sudden rage syndrome  (Read 6830 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 11:11:30 PM »
You say he comes to work with you, is this a recent thing or has he always been there?
If he has always come to work with you, has this unpredictable behaviour around strangers only begun recently, or has it always been a problem?
Is it ANY customer or does he take a dislike to certain types of people,eg men etc?                    

Offline PennyB

sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 09:03:11 AM »
I would seek professional help if I were you (either through your vet to get a good behaviourist or a very good dog trainer who also does behavioural work), as anything you do now you won't be able to trust your own ability as you don't trust your dog, and you do need someone else to assess the situation to basically says he's OK when you do sort things out.

Ruby had bad pyoderma when she was younger and because I had to treat it and it was painful she developed an aversion to me touching her mouth at all. It got to the stage where during a training class that she snapped at me quite nastily. I thought the worst and thankfully about 3 months later took I her to 1-2-1 with another very good trainer. He helped me work on it and reassured me that it was probably only me she did this with (as she never bothered about the vet who was also doing the same, or the dog groomer). Like you for a while I didn't trust her but now I do. It needed someone else to help me out and reassure me that what I was doing was OK.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline valerie

• Site Member
sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2004, 08:38:20 PM »
hi ziggy you do have a problem! max isn't too bad now i took the advice that someone gave me here so that seemed to work he no longer goes into the crate i try and be on the ball and when i see anyone coming i shut him in the room next door. val xx                    
valerie henderson

ziggy

sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2004, 08:06:27 PM »
thankyou all for the replies,i think i will take the advice of a trainer,he did it again today,yes,he has always been in the shop since he was 3months old,so he is used to people,they all love him,but he does all of a sudden go mad,somebody suggested that because he is so protective of me,he may get jealous from time to time with all the attention i give others,i give him as much love as poss all day,i even tell customers to say hello to him,so as not to offend him(spoilt cocker big style )will let you all know what happens,thanx again :wink:                    

ziggy

sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2004, 08:27:35 PM »
the update on jasper is,,,,,i,m taking him to the vets again and will ask him to investigate jaspers slipping patella further,,he could hardly walk yesterday without limping :cry: i would like x-rays done on his legs and will ask for a detailed account on what exactly will happen with him,,and how i can fix it,,(hopefully)wish me luck,,i,m dreading it :cry:  :cry:  :(                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2004, 08:58:14 PM »
Ziggy, I hope the vet is able to help Jasper when you see him poor little chap. :(

Michelle                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2004, 09:32:18 AM »
Hi Ziggy

Good luck at the Vets with Jasper, Slipping Pats can be very painfull but at least its repairable :)  

My vet and I think that Jessica may have partcially ruptured her cruciate ligament yesterday at the beach so she is on strict cage rest and rimadyl for two weeks to see if this helps if not then very expensive op :(  
It might be an idea to cage Jasper when his leg is bad so or restrict his excersise in some way to help him.

My late Maddie would be perfect 99% of the time but she could be a little whatsit when she was on our laps and anyother dog tried to get up, she even riped Sasha' ear once so we just used to never let up when other were around or put her down if they wanted up as well                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

ziggy

sudden rage syndrome
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2004, 08:15:35 PM »
thanks all,the vet did suggest a cage for jasper,,he said the same thing as before,,keep an eye onhim :? and restrict his excercise,,i am changing my vets as that is not enough for me,,it,s as though he is not listening to me and not seeing the problem,,i am so upset about it,,every time i look at jasper i feel bad for him,,i am so worried i keep putting it to the back of my mind,,will let you know the update as soon as poss,,thanx all again

ziggy and jasper :)