Author Topic: East Midlands Meet  (Read 10148 times)

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 08:22:55 AM »
I vote for Bradgate but am not really bothered, in fact, now I come to think of it it might be nice to go somewhere new!  I'm not indicisive, I just can't make my mind up!  Doh! Seriously though, majority rules so I will go with that.                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2004, 08:28:26 AM »
Same here, i'd like to go somewhere different, so Bradgate for me.  Although i'm not really bothered at the end of the day.  Just looking forward to it.

Gina & Barkley                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2004, 10:40:39 AM »
Like all you other indecisive East Midlanders, I am flexible on the location.  Bradgate is fine for me, and a new venue, so looking forward to checking it out.  Does it have an obvious meeting place?  And what time would suit?

Tilly is showing some signs of coming into season at the moment, she does pick her moment, doesn't she?  I will keep an eye on her and let you know if we have problems with the date because of this.

Regards,

Sue                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 08:23:29 AM »
There is an obvious meeting place at the main gates, I will be happy to post directions etc before we go :)

Sam                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2004, 12:08:43 PM »
I'm happy with Bradgate if everyone else is. So is that a date then?  And what time are we meeting? About 3 pm would suit me but I can be flexible. I'm really looking forward to meeting all these new Cockers (& their owners of course ) :lol: )                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2004, 01:03:14 PM »
Guess what?  Tilly, with impecable timing, has just come into season.  That puts us out of any meeting for the next three weeks.  So sorry to let everyone down.  Can't now make 4th, but would love to meet you all and your cockers any time afterwards!

Tilly is glum - she can't understand why she's not going on her usual walks.  It will be a long and boring three weeks for all of us....

Sue                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2004, 01:12:31 PM »
hi all

thats a definate as far as i'm concerned 3pm is fine for us, give us plenty of time to find it :!:  :!:

Gina & Barkley                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 09:34:22 AM »
Just waiting for Sam to post directions now.  I know how to get to Bradgate, but not sure about which car park/meeting place etc. It's a long long time since I last went there. Does the car park still get packed?                    

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2004, 07:52:58 PM »
Hi
I saw all of your correspondence on an East Midlands meet.
For a future venue you might consider Fosse Meadows at Frolesworth
It is a great place for Dogs . Lots of space, free parking and water!.
Might join you some time with my working cocker
Regards

Wendy                    
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 06:22:07 PM »
Wendy, we also walk regularly at Fosse Meadows with Tilly - we all love it.  Would love to meet up there with other cocker owners some time in the future - post Tilly's season.  Just wanted to endorse your comments, Fosse Meadows is a great place to walk with dogs (or without!)

Sue                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2004, 06:49:42 PM »
I may have to cry off next week.  Dillon & Bess have both had Kennel Cough.  Dillon is just about over it but Bess has been quite poorly (she's nearly 12 years old). She's on antibiotics from the Vet & I've been out today to get her some Benylin for children which is what most people seem to recommend for KC.  We hardly had a wink of sleep last night with her coughing & she gets so distressed with it.

Anyway, I hope the meet goes ahead & that you all enjoy it, I may make it, if she gets better in the next couple of days, but if not, hope to meet up with you all on the next East Mids Meet.                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2004, 10:18:58 AM »
Poor Dillon and Bess - and poor you!  I hope they are both feeling better soon and you all get some sleep.

I am very keen to arrange another East Midlands meet hot on the heels of the first one as I feel fed-up about not being able to make it because of Tilly's season.  Why don't we tentatively aim for sometime in May?  I will post on the board in a few weeks time to see if we can get East Midlands meet no 2 off the ground.  In the meantime, hope the meet on April 4th goes really well.  We'll be with you in spirit!

woof!

Sue and Tills                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 02:44:07 PM »
Just getting the info together for directions and meeting place, can we have a show of hands for Sunday?

*putting hand in air*

Sam and Riley                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »
Hi all

One hand for me and four for Barkley :!:

Can't wait :!:                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2004, 05:51:41 PM »
Bess & Dillon are very nearly well again so may be able to make it.  Will look out for meeting instructions anyway & if they're OK, we'll be there.