Author Topic: East Midlands Meet  (Read 10200 times)

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2004, 11:10:42 AM »
Bradgate Park, Newtown Linford

If you are coming from Anstey way then the main park entrance is on your right as you come into the village, next to the church and opposite a garden centre and an ice cream shop.  Obviously if you are coming the other way it will be on your left!  The car park is pay and display and I vote we meet just inside the big gates on the right hand side.  

I have short blonde hair and Jane has mid length brown hair, Riley will be the hairy blue one whinging because he wants to be let off the lead!  We will wait until about 3:20 and then make our way into the park but I will check the boards before we go to see who is definitely coming.

Cheers
Sam, Jane and Riley                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2004, 02:36:40 PM »
We're sad that we can't join you, but Tilly is in full season, so I don't think it would be a good idea to come!  Enjoy yourselves and how about a rematch in May?

Sue and fed-up Tilly.                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2004, 04:09:59 PM »
I'm definitely up for a rematch in May. Fairly sure I won't make this Sunday, Bess is still coughing & although she would be OK for a walk, I'm not sure if she's still contagious. I would hate to be responsible for infecting other doglets. Best to leave it until she's completely better I think.  

How does Sunday May 2 sound?  It's the first bank hol weekend.  

Dillon should be over his operation by then (for those who don't know, he's having an eye removed next Thursday - I've only had him 3 weeks & I was told that one eye had been removed but my vet found that, although he had suffered a major trauma to it, it had never been removed & since he keeps getting infections in it, it would be best removed & stitched up)                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2004, 10:48:45 AM »
I hate to do this but I don't think we are going to make it this afternoon, Riley got a thorn stuck in his paw this morning, we got it out but he's limping a bit and playing the poorly baby card!

I am gutted, it's a beautiful day and I was REALLY looking forwards to meeting you guys  :?

We will definitley make the next one!  Sorry again!

Sam and big baby Riley  :roll:                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2004, 11:48:03 AM »
Poor Riley.  Lots of hugs from me, Bess & Dillon.  Hope his paw's better soon.  There's nothing quite like a spaniel with a hurt paw!  They milk it for all they can get.  Bless!!!                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2004, 12:56:04 PM »
Looks like it's a no go for today then.  :cry:

Lets try and get something fixed up for sometime soon when all doggies are better.

Bye for now

Gina                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2004, 08:41:09 PM »
Thanks for everything so far, Gina.  Sorry it didn't happen, but I think May 2nd sounds a good date for us.  Let's hope we have better luck next time.

Hope all the cockers are better soon.

Sue & the Tillster                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2004, 09:33:21 AM »
Riley is fine this morning, bouncing around like a nutter as usual.  We are definitley up for the May date, I will be putting protective booties on him until then  :P

Looking forwards to it (again!)

Sam and Riley                    

Offline T

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2004, 01:42:41 PM »
:D  Yeahhayyy I've not miss this then!

I dunno a broken laptop & a holiday so only just back online after 3 whole weeks  :shock:

Count me in, that's the Spud, Charlie-Spud!!  8)                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2004, 09:24:59 AM »
:D Hi!  If everything goes all right Baily and Tuuli (=me) will be there.
But somebody just clarify where and at what time? I just read the whole story about the spring meeting and I got toatally lost.  Please let me know. We are thrilled to bits to meet everybody! :D
Bailey & Tuuli                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2004, 10:31:50 AM »
Quote from: "Sam'n'Riley"
Riley is fine this morning, bouncing around like a nutter as usual.  We are definitley up for the May date, I will be putting protective booties on him until then  :P

Looking forwards to it (again!)

Sam and Riley

I saw a springer at the vet's the other day with lovely little red booties on! He looked really sweet.  I couldn't get to ask why he was wearing the booties because with Bess having Kennel Cough, we had to wait outside                    

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2004, 08:50:51 PM »
2nd is good for us, looking forward to it, we still going for bradgate?                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2004, 07:56:54 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just back from a week away, so thought it might be useful to confirm that we are going for a rescheduled meeting at Bradgate Park on May 2nd at 3pm.  Here are the previousdirections posted by Sam, Jane and Riley.  It would be useful to know who to wait for.  We shall be there for definite and hope to meet up with lots of other COLiners.

Sue

Here are the directions again from Sam, Jane and Riley:

"Bradgate Park, Newtown Linford

If you are coming from Anstey way then the main park entrance is on your right as you come into the village, next to the church and opposite a garden centre and an ice cream shop. Obviously if you are coming the other way it will be on your left! The car park is pay and display and I vote we meet just inside the big gates on the right hand side.

I have short blonde hair and Jane has mid length brown hair, Riley will be the hairy blue one whinging because he wants to be let off the lead! We will wait until about 3:20 and then make our way into the park but I will check the boards before we go to see who is definitely coming. "                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2004, 08:37:25 AM »
Hi Everyone

Barkley and i OK for Bradgate on 2 may at 3pm.

Gina                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2004, 09:06:08 AM »
Bess, Dillon & me should also be OK for then. Look forward to meeting you all. :)