Author Topic: East Midlands Meet  (Read 10147 times)

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2004, 05:10:28 PM »
Hi All

Bailey, Tuuli & Barry will be attending too.
Looking forward to.

Tuuli                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2004, 10:05:48 PM »
Are we all still up for this on Sunday?  Hope the weather's a bit better than the last couple of days.                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2004, 09:53:58 AM »
Yes, we're still planning on coming.  Like you, I hope the weather is better than now, we have just come in from a very wet walk - I will have to get Tilly's tracksuit out again if it doesn't dry up a bit!

This afternoon I will PM all those who expressed an interest so we can make sure we wait in the Park for all those who may have got delayed on the way.  I'll also give a mobile number so that if the weather is really bad we can talk and make a decision on whether to rearrange.

Hope we won't have to!  Looking forward to meeting all those lovely cockers (and lovely owners too of course!)

Sue, Emily and Tilly                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2004, 10:15:36 AM »
Riley and I will definitley be there!  Unfortunatley I don't think Jane (my partner) will make it as she had knee surgery three weeks ago and isn't quite up to a trek around Bradgate yet!  Really looking forwards to it!

Sam and Riley                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2004, 10:14:51 PM »
So how many of us are meeting tomorrow then?  And how many people will have 2 dogs (like me)?  I must apologise in advance for Dillon's behaviour.  As you know, I've only had him a few weeks & a lot of that time he had a lampshade on after his eye operation, so training was put on the back burner.  Therefore, his behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.  He is very aggressive towards other dogs (not Bess). I'm hoping that tomorrow will cure him of this. In fact, I might try to get a friend to come along with me so that I only have to control Dillon. It's difficult correcting his behaviour when I'm holding 2 leads.                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2004, 12:57:59 PM »
Hi

I think there will be at least 3 "groups". possibly more.  All of the Dunton4 will be there - only one dog though.  Looking forward to meeting you all at 3pm.

Sue and the Dunton3                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2004, 09:29:19 PM »
Six Cockers and assorted owners managed to meet up today and all had a great time in Bradgate Park.  Dillon was a tad loud most of the time, but the youngsters all had a whale of a time playing chase & running in and out of the water.  I suspect that some of them will have had baths tonight.  My two have been playing flat spaniels ever since we got back. In fact, they're both in bed now.

Anyway it was a great afternoon, much helped by the weather & I for one (or three if you count the dogs) am up for another meet in a few weeks time.   :)                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2004, 09:49:54 PM »
Saw the photos earlier and it looks like you all had a great day out  :D   Lots of lovely cockers having fun - I propose the next COL meet takes place in Lewis  :(  :wink:  :lol: .  

Mind you, I wasn't impressed with the way you strategically decapitated the humans who attended  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Editted to say - Oops, have just had another look and you've added some more pics, glad to see there are now humans with heads  :)  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2004, 12:12:47 AM »
yup the pics look cool wish i could have made it im soo busy these days never mind , i bet you were all tired out by the end of the day  :lol:  a chance to have a few quite cockers  well for a hour or two hehe                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2004, 09:27:04 AM »
It was lovely to meet so many COLiners and their dogs.  We enjoyed great weather and it was fantastic to see all six cockers getting on so well together :D :D  .  Charlie-Spud, Riley and Barkley all demonstrated their swimming abilities - most impressive 8) .  Tilly ate some poo :(  :oops: .   they were all so good when they were having their photos taken (you can see them in New Rogues Gallery)

For anyone who hasn't been, Bradgate Park is great and they even sell ice-cream!  

When's the next time??                    

Offline gina

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2004, 08:29:16 AM »
Hi all

We'd just like to say how much we enjoyed the afternoon as well.  Barkley especially enjoyed meeting Tilly, i think it was 'love at first sight'.  It was nice meeting all the other dogs (and owners) and we look forward to the next time.

Gina and Barkley                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
East Midlands Meet
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2004, 08:48:05 AM »
It was a brilliant afternoon, you all have wonderful cockers and Riley the water rat had a wonderful time!  Can't wait to do it again.

Sam, Jane and Riley