Author Topic: my boy and a new rescue dog  (Read 3245 times)

ziggy

my boy and a new rescue dog
« on: March 15, 2004, 09:54:38 PM »
today we rescued a westie,never thought i would have one,jasper has been fine ,,infact brilliant,she,s a little 3yr old bitch and she adores him already,mind you any girl would fancy jasper he is soo handsome,he has been great with her,i feel so sorry for her and i think he does too,such an in-offensive little thing she is,had her 15mins and bathed her ,,she was black,she never moved,then i took her to the vets,he clipped her nails,cleaned her ears(they were bad)gave her an injection,,and all through it she never moved,as if to say,"do want you want but please don,t hurt me" think we might have to keep her,any one else took in a rescue,and suceeded with their cocker? :D                    

Offline T

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 10:32:08 PM »
Ohh sweet!!!

Charlie-Spud's doggie girlfriend is a westie ... he met her at puppy class and they still see each other regularly!!! They get on really well!

:D

Out of interest, where did you rescue her from !?!                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

ziggy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 10:43:16 PM »
she was taken into a builders yard where my hubby happened to be,the bloke said either someone had her or she was off to the dogs home,well he,s as soft as me,and found himself carrying her to his van,she is so lovely,but cowers every time you bend down to stroke her,no training and no love ,,you can tell,,was only going to foster her,but can,t bear the thought of her not getting lots of kisses,so might just keep her,,what do you think :)                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:09:10 PM »
Did the vet check to see if she was chipped, have you reported this find to the police ? Someone somewhere could be looking for her. There was a case recently where a dog turned up over 200 miles away after being missing for about 6 months , luckily he was reunited with his owners.

You could register the dogs details on this site.

www.doglost.co.uk                    

ziggy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 11:12:12 PM »
it was the owner who took her to the yard,they were going to take her to the dogs home if no-one had her,,i did take her to the vets,she has,nt been microchipped,but he did give her a good checking over,she was in need of medical help,thankfully we have her so she will be safe, :)                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 11:14:43 PM »
I'd still make efforts to find a possible owner unless you have evidence that the man in the builder's yard was the real owner.                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 09:14:37 AM »
I'd still make efforts to find a possible owner unless you have evidence that the man in the builder's yard was the real owner.

I agree with Colin  Ziggy.  

Some people  do lie.  :?                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 09:45:33 AM »
I agree with Colin too, there has been a lot of dog snatching going on recently (dramatic as it sounds it does happen) There may be a family somewhere going frantic for this little doggie :(   Have you asked the police/dog warden has a dog been reported missing?

I know you are only trying to do your best by the dog, but, its unlikely that a purebreed, would just be given away in such a manner :?

Let us know what you decide. :)                    

ziggy

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 11:11:06 PM »
well the update is bizarre,i have found a fab home for the dog,and she likes her new dad,seems the owner,who i do know is the real owner is now having an attack of conscience,and wants her back,well there is no way that dog is going back to someone who let her stay with people who could only feed her cornflakes for two weeks,sorry but where dogs are concerned i am like a terrier,she aint goin back to peasants who could,nt be bothered to have her nails clipped,ears washed out,,and bathed,her new dad is great and loves her to bits,the owner (previous) will hopefully think twice before giving a dog up to someone who cares,and gives a monkey,s where dogs are concerned,hope that,s not to harsh,but we have to speak for those who love us unconditionally and care genuinly,our dogs!!!! ziggy x :wink:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 10:34:48 AM »
I can understand your feelings Ziggy but legally you may not have a leg to stand on should the original owner get nasty & threaten legal action. This is why when Rescue organisations rehome a dog they get the original owner to sign a legally binding document relinquishing ownership in the dog so there can be no arguments/changes of mind at a later date.                    
Jane

ziggy

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 08:24:28 PM »
well i was going to ask about that,jane,if the owner gave the dog up willingly,do they still have a claim on the dog,and why? i can,t see how you can give a dog away and then change your mind after a few days,surely it,s unfair to the dog and new owner, :wink:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 09:39:15 PM »
Sadly dogs are still considered to be property though, so the previous owner may well have a legal right to take the dog back  :(
It's important for it to be discussed, they need to sign the dog over. It may be they want to take the dog back to sell her, if that's the case it could be her new owner would have to agree to buy her and get a signed receipt stating he is now the legal owner.
It could be that they will just give up in the end if they care so little abour the dog, but it would be awful if this new owner became strongly attached to her and she was then given back to the previous owners  :(                    

ziggy

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 09:54:54 PM »
i,m not being funny but,,,,, the owner didn,t want her because she followed him about too much,the chap that has her now loves her to bits,and yes i do agree on all the points that have been raised,if they applied to the owner but they don,t,,and we all know that sometimes you have to bend the rules(which i have not done) in order to secure a loving home for a dog that ha sbeen neglected,,you no what i mean,,these people didn,t want her for the above reason,she is now happy,and secure,,i have made sure of it,,she came to see me today,,what a difference,she looks fab,and was wagging her tail,,that say,s it all to me,xxx :wink:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 10:13:24 PM »
Yes, I agree with you, but it would be awful if these people went to the police as they would still have a legal right to the dog  :(
It would give her new owner peace of mind if the previous owner signed the dog over. It could be they will just back off (hopefully).                    

ziggy

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 10:24:13 PM »
i don,t want to be a pain,,but why do they have a legal reason for getting the dog back,if they gave her away in the first place,i don,t understand??surely the dog belongs to the person they gave her away to.. :o