Author Topic: Pedigree papers  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
Pedigree papers
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 05:16:59 PM »
:D Hi All

I have just received Bailey's pedigree papers and KC registration certificate.  I did not know that I have to pay the registration fee of £10.00.
Well, at least I have the papers now.

Cheerio

Tuuli                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Pedigree papers
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 06:08:57 PM »
:D Hi All

I have just received Bailey's pedigree papers and KC registration certificate.  I did not know that I have to pay the registration fee of £10.00.
Well, at least I have the papers now.

Cheerio

Tuuli

You don't Tuuli, the breeder does - in fact, the breeder already has to get the KC certificate - unless at the point of sale she mentioned you would have to pay £10 on receipt of the document?                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Pedigree papers
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 06:14:36 PM »
I had to pay to transfer Buttons name into my name  :?: as when I picked her up all the paperwork was ready including the KC registration certificate which was in the breeders name  :)

Edited to add....I think that some breeders (mine being the case) register the puppies fairly quickly before they are sold. So they are all registered in the breeders name. I was perfectly happy to pay the £10 transfer of ownership fee. I would rather that than come away from picking your puppy up without any KC Papers. Once the £10 was paid I the received my 6 weeks free insurance documentation  :)                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Pedigree papers
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 10:04:04 PM »
All puppies have to be registered in the breeder's name - there is no other way of doing it ie a breeder cannot register pups in the new owner's name. The breeder will have paid £12 per pup to register them & it is then up to the new owners to officially transfer their pup into their own names (another £10 for the Kennel Club per pup!). I have to say that a lot of pet owners do not bother with the KC transfer - I expect we have quite a few dogs still registered in our names at the Kennel Club although we don't own them :wink:                    
Jane

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Pedigree papers
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 10:21:16 PM »
(another £10 for the Kennel Club per pup!)

That's exactly what Morgan's breeder said to me  :D .  As well as the fact that I'm notoriously bad at getting round to filling in and returning forms,  I didn't really see what difference it would make to have Morgan and Cooper in my name as I will not be showing or breeding them  :?  :)   They are both still registered to their breeders.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Pedigree papers
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2004, 09:22:08 AM »
Yes, the transfer of ownership is indeed something you have to pay additionally for - I originally thought Tuuli meant the breeder was trying to recover the cost of registering the pup with the KC in the first place :D