Author Topic: Indie on three legs!  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« on: April 14, 2004, 08:29:49 PM »
:( Don't know whats happened to Indie, shes been out on her walk with Nell, did a bit of running but not loads, was too busy playing in a muddy ditch!  She came home cocvered in mud so we bathed her.  Later this evening I took her for a quick walk to my mums so Indie could show off her new diamante collar!  She came home and went to bed for an hour, since getting up, shes been hobbling on three legs :?  no crying or yelping though :?

Any suggestions?                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:46:46 PM »
Sorry Emma, No suggestions just hope little Indie feels better soon, Maybe it is like a muscle strain and she just needs to rest and be pampered :D

Michelle                    

Offline Busters Dad

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 08:57:47 PM »
As you have intimated, if Indie is not crying or yelping whilst struggling on three legs then she is in little or no discomfort.
Buster has started to go on some very energetic walks lately and when we return he has a nap. Sometimes he will walk a little odd when he gets out of his basket after the nap, but it only ever lasts for a matter of a few seconds and then normality is resumed,( for normality read madness ).
I would not be overly concerned unless Indie is walking on three legs for a while. If this happens, seek professional help.
Mike.                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 09:19:34 PM »
:( Aaaww Poor Indie.  Morgan sprained a muscle in his back leg (I think from jumping out of the car) when he was about 9 months old.  At the time I think it was Jane who told me that you can give 1/2 an asprin to help with any pain or discomfort.  I did this and Morgan was fine within a day or two.  It's so horrible seeing then unwell when there's little you can do.

Morgan and Cooper send her big sloppy kisses.  Hope she's better soon.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 09:48:03 PM »
Awwwwww big kisses for ickle Indie pop's from Boo too, hope she feels better soon  :)                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 10:40:23 PM »
Indie thanks you all for the kisses and says keep em coming :D  :wink:

Its a few hours now, and still shes lifting her hind leg up quite high, and hopping around, I have just let her out in the garden and she weed almost right outisde the door and straight back in not normal for her, she normally likes to go and have a snoop about :?

Still no yelps from her, but shes definatley not herself, and is looking very sad at the moment :(

Ps:  Sorry mods, I should have posted this in health!                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 10:54:47 PM »
It's OK Emma - it's a general thing too :wink:

Have you had a good feel in her paw to check there's no foreign body there? A piece of grit or similar may have got caught between her pads and although not painful to touch - will stop her putting her foot down.

I get this sometimes with Bud n Jasp if they get a piece of Nutro stuck to their foot.

Whatever it is - hope she recovers soon.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 11:22:20 PM »
Thanks Pammy :)

I have had a look at her pads and between them, I can't see anything obvious though, perhaps its really tiny :roll:  Will nip her to the vet in the morning, I can't bear to watch her hobble around, its so sad :(                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 11:58:56 PM »
Hi Emma,

poor Indie  :?  I was going to suggest the same as Pammy, that maybe she has something in between her pads or in her pad. Good Idea to opo her along to the vets in the morning, hoping she gets better soon  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 09:53:23 AM »
Emma

Hope Indie's feeling abit better this morning. Phoebe has sprained her front leg a couple of times. No idea how but she just started limping - no yelp or whine. The first we took her to the vets to make sure nothing had been damaged. He felt all over, not a murmur and he couldn't find anything. Couple of jabs and a week of no walks and she was better.

The next time she did it, we used the 1/2 an asprin and no walks for a week and she was fine (savesd a bit of money going to the vet).

Both times we throughly checked her pads and felt along her leg and shoulder to find any tender spots.

She's not done it since.

Let us know how you get on :)                    
Anita

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 10:17:34 AM »
Oh, poor Indie. bless her. I find it easier to check in between pads when washing them with water, maybe wet her paw and have a good poke around? Indie got a bit of Burns puppy food stuck once, and also a thorn, I hope she's feeling better this morning, bless.

Shona x                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 10:49:43 AM »
Thanks guys!

Good news, Indie seems ok this morning, shes not on three legs now, shes limping ever so slightly :?  So I will see how she goes for the rest of the day! I am gonna totally rest her for a couple of days, see if that helps, not that it will be easy mind :roll:                    

Offline Ange

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 11:50:46 AM »
Thats great news Emma

Ange                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 11:59:11 AM »
Boo says "yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, thats my girl"  :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Indie on three legs!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 12:38:11 PM »
Don't let her run up and down the stairs Emma.

Just let her rest it for a few days. It sounds like a sprain to me.  So save your money, and if shes still limping after a few days, then i think  a visit to mr costa packet is in order.                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~