Author Topic: Our puppy has arrived.  (Read 985 times)

Offline Dean C Hood

• Site Member
Our puppy has arrived.
« on: April 16, 2004, 09:35:31 AM »
Nelson our new blue roan boy came home yesterday. He is a real cute guy and I would appreciate any help on how to post a picture on my profile for all to see. Also am I right in thinking that BETA purina is the same thing as BAKERS purina and has anyone any thoughts either way on that food.

Regards

The Hoods and Nelson   :D  :D  :D  :wink:                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Our puppy has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 08:57:41 PM »
Hi there

I'm not certain but I don't think that Beta is the same as Bakers.  I've never used Bakers but I think someone said that it's very bright and colourful for a dog food.  I feed both mine on Beta and it's a boring brown - they eat it just the same though.  Morgan has it dry and I used to leave out all the time but it's not so easy now with 'Greedy Guts'  :twisted:  about so it's down when Cooper's in his crate.  Cooper (who could eat for Scotland) has his soaked with a tiny bit of tinned food mixed in.  They are both fine on it.  I did go through the chopping and changing foods with Morgan as he was quite fussy but we're back where we startded and we're sticking with the Beta.

Hope Nelson is settling in - what are you feeding him at the moment?

To get nelsons picture as you avatar you needto reduce the photo to 12kb or less (not and easy task for me but I got there in the end) and then you will be able to insert it by following the instructions in your profile.  Other wise you could post it in the gallery as it will be resized automatically.  If you don't have any success PM Gilly and she'll help you  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Our puppy has arrived.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 10:23:10 PM »
Basically Purina is the company name and Beta and Bakers are brands that they make.  Beta i think it is safe to say, is mainly aimed at the breeder/show/working market and bakers the pet, hense its ease to obtain from super markets :)  
I don't know much about either of these food as i've never fed it, but a girl at work rears her puppy GSD's on it and she swears by it for body and coat :)

HTH                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

ziggy

Our puppy has arrived.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
welcome nelson hope you enjoy a lifetime of fun and healthyness,,and you and your family collect many happy precious moments  :D  lots of wags jasper,,,ziggys son :D  :D