Author Topic: Will they share no 1 and 2's  (Read 1042 times)

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Will they share no 1 and 2's
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
Just wondered if anyone knows? Lucy has been trained to do her business in a sandpit, which is filled with small chippings gravel like with holes drilled in the bottom into the ground, easy to pick up and clean and she has never gone anywhere else. We are seriously thinking of adding a pup (well I intend to OH is still thinking  :005:) would I be able to train the pup to go in the sand pit its quite large (childs size) or would I need to find the pup its own place as it will obviously have Lucy's scent in it? I would want to start this training from day 1 it worked so well with Lucy, and I always have a clean garden, so am keen to do the same.
Anyone have any idea whether they would share  :-\

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Re: Will they share no 1 and 2's
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:53:38 PM »
No real answer but Ben doesn't object to doing no.1's or no.2's where other dogs  have been.

Lovely Lucy sounds like a dream  :luv: - you may not get that with another pup  :shades:  If you do could you let me know how you do it?  ;)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »
Molo pees over the top of Bonnee's - so you might be lucky  :005:

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to train a new puppy to pee/poop in the same place; my two have shared a kennel regularly and both use the same small toileting area with no problems   ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 07:03:05 PM »
thats a really good idea, wish i had room for a sand pit, my boy likes to do "stuff" where kizzy has done hers , but i expect all dogs are different , you can only try it and see what happens
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Can't help with your question I'm afraid but what a great idea!  :005: Sadly with two young kids a sandpit might not be the best option in this house!  :lol2: Chloe does seem to prefer the paved area of the garden more often than not though and has never (touch wood) had the runs, so it's dead easy to clean up!  :luv:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
Molo pees over the top of Bonnee's - so you might be lucky  :005:

yes mine have peeing contests as well :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
The sandpit is a great idea, i might think about that for marley cus at the moment he's doing his business everywhere >:( but how would i train him to use it ph34r

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
we have just got a puppy, and he and Barney both pee in the same spot  :D

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Re: Will they share no 1 and 2's Now updated.... with photos
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
The sandpit is a great idea, i might think about that for marley cus at the moment he's doing his business everywhere >:( but how would i train him to use it ph34r

Hi Amanda, Dont laugh please  :005: but Lucy very kindly has demonstrated how clever she is using her sandpit  ;)

This is Lucy's sandpit tucked neatly away at the bottom of the garden

And this is Lucy showing you what a clever girl she is  :005:

Now, I started from day one at eight weeks old, armed with a jar of treats, I would take her down to the sandpit lift her up about a million times a day and place her on the gravel show her a treat tell her to wee, it was hit and miss for a couple of days, but she soon got the hang of it, especially when she did go and I would say in a really high pitched voice "Lucy you clever girl, what a good girl", loads and loads of praise and then a treat, it was really hard work but within two weeks she was weein and pooin all on her own, I continued with the treats for quite a long time, it was all about constant praise and perseverance and it was constant keeping on, if she jumped out I would pick her up and put her back in, Not quite so funny at one o clock in the morning in the pouring rain with me jammy's on and an umbrella, I think my neighbours made their decision then and there that i had finally lost the plot ( i think they already had their doubts  :005:) as I do talk to Lucy like a child  ph34r :shades:

Now I can say to her Lucy go and have a wee, and she runs down goes and dosent look for a treat  ;)
I intend to do the same with new pup, my garden is pooh and wee free  ;)

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
Great idea  :D also your grass won't have thos horrid burn marks  ;)

I think that the pup will use the same toilet as long as you start as you did with Lucy  ;)

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »
Thank you for that Kalu :005: how clever :D I may have a harder job then as Marley is nearly 3 and has been doing it anywhere he likes ph34r I'm very inspired by the pics and will give it a go  :-* to lucy for demonstrating