Author Topic: William's double?  (Read 482 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William's double?
« on: August 21, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »
We were out walking in a different part of the New Forest to our usual area this morning and met a lady with Ben, an orange roan Cocker, 7 years old, with a bit of middle age spread and clipped all over. Even allowing that William is younger, slimmer and in full coat the similarity between the two of them was striking. They are both quite tall (Wills is right at the top of the breed standard height), both well boned, well proportioned and with amazingly similar heads. Both are also very laid back.
We got talking to Ben's owner and asked about his breeding. She doesn't know as he was a rescue and she has no papers, although she does know his age and his background, which is to do with his original owners going to Australia.
We'll never know, but William was bred locally so perhaps Ben was as well. William is very much like his dad Sunny, who is certainly old enough to be Ben's dad.

Offline lopey99

Re: William's double?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
awh you'll never find out! we have similar situation when we got cassie the breeder kept a book with all the pups names and contact details for owners and i was flicking through it and saw that someone had a pup from one of her litters who lived not too far from us which i thought was strange as we'd travelled quite a bit.

Any how there have been so many times i have been driving along the dual carriage way near to where that person lives and saw someone with a black cocker almost identical to cassie, you wouldnt believe how tempted i am to stick on hazard lights and jump out  :005: things i do for that dog, i'm almost positive its one of her brothers or sisters, the lady walking her also has long blonde hair similar to mine and the trainer from puppy class even asked if i walk her along that road so even she has mistakenly thought it was cassie and i. I might start loitering around that area in hope that i bump into them  :005:  :005: