Author Topic: Pedigree Research  (Read 6592 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Pedigree Research
« on: June 10, 2004, 09:00:26 PM »
With new 'pup' arriving in the next few weeks  :D , I thought while I still had some free time I'd try and research the litters pedigree .

Can anyone suggest how I begin?  :?

Thanks

Rachel                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Pedigree Research
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 09:34:30 PM »
Usually doing a Google search brings up information, especially if some of the dogs on the pedigree have been shown  :) You will also probably find that some of the dogs in forum members dogs might match your new puppy's  :wink:

Good luck                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 10:08:37 PM »
I've been doing the same with Bailey's pedigree Rachel and have found a couple of Janes dogs on there - Shenmore Star Voyager Bailey's great grandfather and SH.CH Shenmore seeing Stars his great great grandmother and Shenmore Starlett his great great great grandfather  :D

I ve also found Lynwater Bouncer of spinney hill Bailey's great grandfather, Lynwater outward bound and Telltale of Lynwater his grea great grandparents and a few other Lynwaters that are Bailey's great great grandparents, is Lynwater one of your's Gilly?                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 10:45:17 PM »
Hi Maria, sorry to butt in :) ! Pickle is a Lynwater dog, and most of his ancestors are Lynwater. I'll dig out his pedigree to see if he has any rellies in common with wee Bailey!
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Pedigree Research
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 11:12:33 PM »
Hi Rachel

You will need to know your pups pedigree to do any research ie parents pedigree names.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 12:06:06 AM »
If you can find out some of the names ill see if i have any info on the others and if you just put in a search engine one of the names a few should pop up  :wink: its quite easy really although some names are quite hard to find out  :?                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Pedigree Research
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 12:20:16 AM »
Yes Maria...Butty is a Lynwater..though she has some Cardamine to  :wink:  her pedigree is on my website  :wink:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 03:52:37 AM »
I'm still trying to trace Toby's pedigree via the Irish Kennel Club as I have his registration number. I doubt he has many well-known lines in there though.
Are Cardamine a famous kennel and do they still exist? One of my neighbour's has a cocker spaniel who was apparently sired by Cardamine Lionheart and he has a lot of Cardamine in his pedigree.
I find pedigrees fascinating (must be my nerdy side creeping out).
I remember my parents had a Newfoundland when I was a baby and once he had died and a few years had passed they bought another puppy from an entirely different breeder...and they stumbled across the original Newfie's pedigree one day and discovered that most of the ancestry was the same for both dogs. It was very strange.
Millie has a very good pedigree and some of her pups have done very well on the show scene, I've been following them, it's so weird to think they are Millie's daughters.                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Pedigree Research
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 08:40:44 AM »
I also find this fascinating the fact that I can find pictures on the net of Abby's dad and grandparents is wonderful, I even came across a picture of her grandmother when she was 8 wks old :D  

I already know her half sister and brother as they are Susan's (Daftcockers) Sunny and Paris, but I would love to find out if she is related to any other forum dogs.

Michelle                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Pedigree Research
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 09:06:31 AM »
Yes I would say that cardamine is a very well known kennel  :wink:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Pedigree Research
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 09:18:09 AM »
Yes I would say that cardamine is a very well known kennel  :wink:

Indeed it is :D This kennel is the one that has imported the undocked sable Cocker which was shown at Crufts this year. Cardamine Lionheart was a well-known dog a few years ago, winning a CC I seem to remember.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 09:24:49 AM »
Hi Gilly just had a look on Button's website and it seem's our baby's share a great great great grandfather - Lynwater Rustone :wink: Lots of Cardamine through Bailey's pedigree too although none in common with Buttons.

Great site by the way  8)                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 09:48:30 AM »
Hi Maria, sorry to butt in :) ! Pickle is a Lynwater dog, and most of his ancestors are Lynwater. I'll dig out his pedigree to see if he has any rellies in common with wee Bailey!  
Emma and Pickle xx

That would be great Emma :D

I'm really enjoying looking through all these relatives and finding lots of them here! 8)  :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Pedigree Research
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 09:51:37 AM »
Maria,

Which Cardamines are on Baileys pedigree? Abby has lots of Cardamine on hers, They might be distant cousins :D

Michelle                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Pedigree Research
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »
Hi Michelle

there is Cardamine Chickory with Claramand, Cardamine Apricot Brandy, Cardamine Tuppence, Cardamine Catchphrase, Cardamine Quicksilver, Cardamine Tribal Smoke, and Cardamine over the rainbow. :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx