Author Topic: William was naughty  (Read 608 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William was naughty
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:49:31 AM »
William, 4 and a half years old, pees when you tell him "go pee" but doesn't let you know when he needs to go, so you have to be able to recognise that he's getting a bit fidgety indoors. Also, when he's out in the garden if he gets distracted by something like watching the birds or squirrels he sometimes forgets to pee and I end up having to let him out again immediately afterwards and telling him "go pee" to make sure he has. He doesn't cock his leg very often and still curtseys like a puppy so he doesn't get rid of much pee by scent marking either.

At the moment he's on a very low dose of steroids to see if it will clear his itchiness, possibly an allergy, so he's drinking more water and needing to pee more.

Yesterday my friend Maria had him for the day while I was at work. William and her dog Ruby were on their own for about 3 hours. I made sure that William peed immediately before I left him at Maria's house. When she got back the dogs had access to the back garden for about an hour. William went out in the garden twice during that period.

Maria then put both dogs in the back of her car and drove about 5 minutes to where they were going for their walk. William was hoo-hooing a bit, which he never does in the car. When Maria opened the back of the car she found out why. William had peed in the car! He and Ruby were sat in the corners to avoid a tidal wave of pee :005:!

Luckily he'd peed on the rubber mat so she was able to lift that out carefully without it soaking in anywhere. Luckily for me Maria has a great sense of humour and adores William, so she could see the funny side of it.

I know he wasn't really naughty, just very desperate and simply couldn't hang on any longer!

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Re: William was naughty
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Oops! Bless him!

I bet your friend was glad she had the rubber mat!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline beebee

• Donator
Re: William was naughty
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »
Poor boy, he must have been desperate, don't you just love 'em :005: