Author Topic: Am I Turning Into One Of You?  (Read 4598 times)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
Re: Am I Turning Into One Of You?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »
To OR From the cocker????? :lol2:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

FROM - isnt that taking it a bit too far??

Errrr All the sweetie presents to family members go from Glen and Sally in this house  ph34r ph34r
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
I sign most of the Christmas cards in this house with the dogs names as well ph34r under our names I put kisses - under the dogs I draw paw prints ph34r is that a really bad admission ph34r ph34r :005:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »
I sign most of the Christmas cards in this house with the dogs names as well ph34r under our names I put kisses - under the dogs I draw paw prints ph34r is that a really bad admission ph34r ph34r :005:

Nope, we do that too ;) Alfie sends his nanas and grandads xmas cards too :005: I got Alfie one of these advent calenders, soooo cute  :luv:  http://www.pressies4dogs.co.uk/prod-details-1056-93-0.html?PHPSESSID=0d734cf544c81b808891aab266aafab7

Offline cockers mum

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
We must be really mad. Our cockers have more expensive bath products then we do, are pampered and taken to the vets at the first sign of illness, as for christmas well, all I need to say is sadly there are no children to buy for! Years ago we had a cocker who always (and this is true)  helped herself to her own christmas present off the christmas tree(my children were young then so the dogs were not quite so spoilt) could she read? There were presents for other dogs as well so it was not the smell. This happened every year until she died of old age. ps we do show them, this explains the expensive shampoo etc.Thats my excuse anyway

Offline Taffy Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »
OK Confession time......

Jasper has a doggy advent calender and a Christmas stocking.

He also sends birthday/christmas/mothers day/fathers day cards to all our rellies.  ph34r

Last year was Jasper's first Christmas - he bought presents for all the family....but being a puppy hadn't quite got the idea of it - my parents got a new dog bed for when he goes to stay there, my in-laws got a treat jar full of treats and my BIL & SIL got squeeky toys..... you get the picture..... 

I got some socks as he'd chewed holes in all mine >:D (Yes DH has received some training in this area since then! :lol2:)

Yesterday was hubbys birthday and he bought him new hat, gloves and boots for walkies and made him a home-made card with his picture on it ..... :005:

Yep we're all loopy here :005:

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »
Imagine NOT getting ur cocker a christmas pressie???!!!

You scrouge!!!!!  :005:  :005:  :005:

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »
OK Confession time......

Jasper has a doggy advent calender and a Christmas stocking.

He also sends birthday/christmas/mothers day/fathers day cards to all our rellies.  ph34r

Last year was Jasper's first Christmas - he bought presents for all the family....but being a puppy hadn't quite got the idea of it - my parents got a new dog bed for when he goes to stay there, my in-laws got a treat jar full of treats and my BIL & SIL got squeeky toys..... you get the picture..... 

I got some socks as he'd chewed holes in all mine >:D (Yes DH has received some training in this area since then! :lol2:)

Yesterday was hubbys birthday and he bought him new hat, gloves and boots for walkies and made him a home-made card with his picture on it ..... :005:

Yep we're all loopy here :005:

That's absolutely brilliant!!!!!  :005:  Love it!  :005:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm afraid we do it to - although we don't spend a fortune and go mad, both dogs get a Xmas pressie.  This usually consists of just a bone or something chewy - but it also keeps them quite while people are visiting.

We also buy each other pressies from the dogs, but again they're normally only silly little gifts that cost a couple of £s and of course cocker related.  Last year Boo bought his daddy a fridge magnet with a blue Roan on it and Cosby bought him a notepad to write his messages on with a lovely picture of a golden cocker.  I think I got a home made dog biscuit recipe book!!  They're still debating what to get him this year, they're thinking about a mug with their photo on it!!

Oh and they write their own messages in cards!

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »

No i do that too and on birthday cards to people that know Tilly :shades:
chantelle & Tilly

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
I am not allowed to buy the dogs any cute outfits but their auntie hollie (my sis) has bought Jack and Brie santa outfits for their xmas and it would be very rude of me not to put them on them and take lots of pics  ;)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
Its just great in our world  :luv: :luv:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
Even the rest of my (non-doggy) family buy my two pressies :shades: In fact i think they end up with more than me ::) :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline merrysmum

• Site Member
  • Merry has a hoard of stolen treasure in his bed!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 03:45:38 PM »
Yep, absolutely the same here  ;)
Merry gets presents for his birthday and for Xmas and he also gets other people presents too.
I know I'm mad but was quite impressed when OH came back from PAH the other day with a doggy advent calendar - we have another convert!  :lol:
Emma and Merry the Pirate x

Offline SarahS

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 04:48:08 PM »
Reggie has got a massive rawhide christmas tree, and attached to it are 25 little rawhide bones to cut off each day.  But I realised today, I haven't got the children an advent calendar!!!!  They get to you in the end, there is no escape.

Offline beepee

• Limited Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »
See, a year ago I'd have marked you all down as mad and/or sad, now I'm NEARLY as bad as you lot!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.