Author Topic: Am I Turning Into One Of You?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Am I Turning Into One Of You?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »
Heh heh you are mad... I don't get mine anything ph34r ph34r ph34r ph34r (wonder if I'm going to get banned from COL now???) and I certainly don't do doggy advent calenders ph34r ph34r I figure my two cost me enough for the rest of the year and if I got them a present on one day they'd expect one everyday too... can't be doing with that  :lol:

Hannah x

Thought I was the only one then - mine gets bought stuff all year and I don't put my pet names on xmas cards either or buy other people presents from them.   Shame on me.   :005: ph34r

We should probably walk away now.. whilst we still can  :lol:

Did you see last year that 'Elf yourself' ?? Well you two should do the 'scrooge yourself' Shame on you  :lol2:

:005: :005: Think I'd look great in a night cap and white shirt nightie thingy... (well I can't get any less sexy at the moment is probably what I mean  :lol:)

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
I think regardless of whether we buy our pooches anything - this has been a really fun thread, nice to have a bit of light-heartedness (is that a word?) on such a miserable day don't you all think :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
No-one at work buys each other presents.

But everyone who has a dog buys everyone else's dog a present.

We have our priorities right.

Offline BabyB

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
I think regardless of whether we buy our pooches anything - this has been a really fun thread, nice to have a bit of light-heartedness (is that a word?) on such a miserable day don't you all think :D
It's made me chuckle when reading that we're all barking mad - excuse the pun
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »

I don't get my dogs presents either but I'm not really a meany - they get what they want/need all year round. They do get presents from relatives - mostly it goes in the bin, luminous coloured chews etc.  ph34r  :lol2:

They've already been elfed this year though...

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/96z9LAIzPlBX5TAaOi41

ph34r  :lol2:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Loving Stevie with her tongue poking out  :lol2:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:40 PM »
Nother mad owner here. I do all the above things. Give mine pressies, receive pressies from them, buy them advent calendar, sign cards with their names..... they even send their daddy texts sometimes from my phone and vv  ph34r

Jarv sends me a text and a photo of what he's doing on the days he goes to work with his dad  ph34r

and all of the above... ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »
I sign most of the Christmas cards in this house with the dogs names as well ph34r under our names I put kisses - under the dogs I draw paw prints ph34r is that a really bad admission ph34r ph34r :005:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!  :005: :005: :005:

Offline little_jack

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
Im definitely a cocker-crazy  :D Jack is the only one who has presents for christmas at the moment. He has an advent calendar, a stocking, a christmas card, christmas themed toys and I know relatives have bought him a cracker, a christmas pud and mince pies as well as toys. I always get txts from my sisters retrievers telling me what they have been up to, usually with photos, and they buy presents and 'write' their own cards. Jack has also bought presents and 'writes' cards out, though its a bit new with him being so young. Hmm...writing this I can see that I sound like a bit of a nutter  :005:

Kayli

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »
This thread is hilarious, is it just the members without human little children who do the christmas calendars, cards etc for their doggies more I wonder  :shades:  I'm not really a scrooge, just trying to justify why I'm not completely barking  :lol2:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
This thread is hilarious, is it just the members without human little children who do the christmas calendars, cards etc for their doggies more I wonder  :shades:  I'm not really a scrooge, just trying to justify why I'm not completely barking  :lol2:

Hope not, or I shall be queuing up with them to go into Santa's Grotto next :005:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

Hope not, or I shall be queuing up with them to go into Santa's Grotto next :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Just had a mental picture:
Santa in his grotto, last kid just finished giving Santa his "I want" list. Santa's helper says, "Next" and you step up with the cockers and they hop up on Santa's knee and commence to pull the old man's whiskers off and give him heaps of cocker lovin'.......... :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

Just had a mental picture:
Santa in his grotto, last kid just finished giving Santa his "I want" list. Santa's helper says, "Next" and you step up with the cockers and they hop up on Santa's knee and commence to pull the old man's whiskers off and give him heaps of cocker lovin'.......... :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Well, I really don't approve of all this stuff....they're just dogs for goodness sake! >:D And just because I bought Chloe a pair of reindeer ears and a big red bow for her collar doesn't mean I'm as mad as you lot...its just so I can take a pic of her and make my xmas cards with it!   :005: :005: Of course, the envelopes will all be sealed with a "real" pawprint  :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline debsj

• Site Member
  • Max (aka Mud Magnet)
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »
Finally, people just like me!  We've chosen one of our boys chrimbo pressies today; a lovely teddy bear from the baby section at M&S.  When I told the girl at the till who it was for, she said what a good idea and how her Cockerpoo is going to get one from Santa as well.  My boys also send cards and gifts and receive lots of chrimbo pressies from family and friends.