Author Topic: Rocky Cocker Now Needs A Home  (Read 9744 times)

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Rocky Cocker Now Needs A Home
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 05:14:43 PM »
:P good luck rocky you are a beautiful boy and im sure you wont have a problem getting a nice new sette to curl up on. xxxxxxxxx ;)  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 05:47:12 PM »
Cataracts can develop in Cockers in middle-age or even earlier - sometimes they are a consequence of the eye disease PRA & sometimes not. I have seen a few Cockers Rocky's age with cataracts - if they were in both eyes, I would suspect PRA but as it's only one at the moment, then it's probably due to some other cause, perhaps hereditary but not necessarily.

Jane
This is what I thought Jane. His heritage is unknown and he was a stud for a breeder, possibly a puppy farm or BYB, who probably didn't really care about these things (I know he didn't have a good life at the hands of his 1st owners who sold him to the bloke who just died age about 4).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »
Oh, tugging at the heart strings is what Rocky is doing........ <_<   If we weren't going to Australia...................

Anywway, lots of luck in finding this little boy a forever home - as others have said, I don't see him hanging around long  :D

Please keep us posted.
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 08:34:34 PM »
aww little rockey really is cute isent he  :wub: I thought on looking at his pic hes older then 6 as well , but mabe the stress of his unknown past has aged him , still this boy needs a new loving forever home and hes posted on the right place to find one . is anyone interested ?  if you are you better get in there soon :D we all know cockers arent often homeless for too long  :lol:  good with other dogs too!  ;)  
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

lynseyloo

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 09:30:47 PM »
Cataracts can develop in Cockers in middle-age or even earlier - sometimes they are a consequence of the eye disease PRA & sometimes not. I have seen a few Cockers Rocky's age with cataracts - if they were in both eyes, I would suspect PRA but as it's only one at the moment, then it's probably due to some other cause, perhaps hereditary but not necessarily.

Jane
this got me thinking, about Poppys catteracts, in both eyes, but not completely blind yet..thankfully and she's 10.  The vet said it was just age and a 'yorkie thing'  :rolleyes:  but would this be PRA also? do Yorkies get that aswell?? I seem such a dunce at not knowing..    :unsure:   sorry to nip in in this thread but I thought it was interesting.

I hope Rocky is nearer to finding his forever home, he's such a handsome chap.   :)  

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 11:46:45 PM »
this got me thinking, about Poppys catteracts, in both eyes, but not completely blind yet..thankfully and she's 10.  The vet said it was just age and a 'yorkie thing'  :rolleyes:  but would this be PRA also? do Yorkies get that aswell?? I seem such a dunce at not knowing..    :unsure:   sorry to nip in in this thread but I thought it was interesting.

I don't think Yorkies are on the list of breeds affected with PRA Lynsey so no need to worry there. There are quite a few different kinds of cataracts & with Poppy's age, I'd say your vet was right, it's an age thing or "senile cataracts"

Jane
Jane

Offline donna37

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 01:31:24 AM »
Oh what a gorgeous lad!!!!   My sons are saying go on Mum pleaseeeee.

Im sure he'll find a wonderful home.

Lots of hugs Donna (Jake's Mum)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 12:28:34 PM »
Oh what a gorgeous lad!!!!   My sons are saying go on Mum pleaseeeee.

Im sure he'll find a wonderful home.

Lots of hugs Donna (Jake's Mum)
I bet you could squeeze one more in Donna  :P  

ziggy

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 05:34:17 PM »
good luck rocky,i,m sure you won,t have a problem getting a new home,lots of love to you brave boy,and a big ;) to you penny for helping him,

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline PennyB

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 10:24:18 AM »
Have just left him at the vets to be neutered. He's also having a clean and polish and some teeth out poor love. He didn't even wimper when the vet gave him a couple of injections
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline donna37

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2004, 10:29:14 PM »
I wish I could squeeze one more in but my parents have Jake for me whilst Im at work and I think (well I know I would be pushing my luck) if I turned up with Rocky!

Im sure someone who has been looking for a cocker will turn up and love Rocky like we love Jake.

:lol:  

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 12:30:35 AM »
I wish I could squeeze one more in but my parents have Jake for me whilst Im at work and I think (well I know I would be pushing my luck) if I turned up with Rocky!

Im sure someone who has been looking for a cocker will turn up and love Rocky like we love Jake.

:lol:
Parents are such a pain  :rolleyes:

:lol:  :lol:  

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 12:54:56 AM »
your right there kelly . if it wasent for mine my house would be like a zoo :P id be hiding cockers everywhere  :wub: they keep saying when you have your own house you can have them . think there hinting at somthing  :lol: Im not stupid though staying at homes cheaper  :P mabe in another few years when ive managed to save for my sports care oh i wish B)  Anyone got room to fit this cool little rocky in hes good with other animals :D not many rescue dogs around like that come on you lot u know hes cute . by this time penny will be so attatched to him like kelly did with her recent addition and keep him  :lol: kelly when you getting number 5 only joking  :P  
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 10:36:50 AM »
How's the lovely Rocky doing after his little op?  

Offline PennyB

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2004, 08:25:27 AM »
How's the lovely Rocky doing after his little op?
He's fine and ate quite well the same evening (fish and rice—when I managed to get the fish off the cat who thought I'd provided him with a lovely fish ice lollly at 1st!).

His stitches are due out next weekend so I guess he can go to his new home then—any takers!?

I think he would benefit from having at least another dog in the house (for company when human is out), and the rescue has no problem with people who work as long as suitable arrangements are made for someone to come in during the day at some point.
Friends of Hailey Park